Chapter 30: the aftermath

(July 13th, 21xx) [Metropolis city streets]

We went back to the place where the riot originally took place and the destruction was far worse than we imagined. I see many people on stretchers and in IVs treatments. I also see many reploids cowering in fear with some of them being damaged. I stare in disbelief and shock at seeing so many people hurt that my eyes begin to burn and water begins to pour out. I tell Clark "I... This is not right. Why? Why do so many people have to get hurt?!" Clark hesitates to answer but lets out his thoughts "When something as bad as a city being destroyed many people are looking for someone or some group to blame and when they have one they go on a destructive rampage they also don't care what or who gets hurt in their path as they are blinded by rage and pain." I think about what Clark says and I have a million questions that I want to ask. But I only need to ask one and I only have time for one. I finally ask "Clark, would this mean that there is no chance to stop reploid termination?" Clark answers "No. This proves that we have a chance. If they are willing to go to extremes then we are on the high path and we are more likely to convince others that reploids are not as bad as they thought." I respond "I never thought of it like that. But people are still hurt and we need to help them!"  When I looked where Clark was but he's not there. I looked around for Clark and when I find him he was helping the EMTs. He looks at me and says "What are you standing around for? Are ya gonna help or what?" I was stunned for a sec before I shake off and accept his invitation. We help with the medical workers to bring the injured to the medical vehicles. When we are done we take a walk throughout the city until we hear a familiar voice from the crowd. We move to see that it came from Peter Parker! "Hey! Over here! We've been looking all over for you two." Peter said with his family right behind them. "Oh. I'm sorry for that. We had a lot happen to us today to keep us busy." I sheepishly speak. The parker's understood what we meant. Peter soon speaks up "we are making a rally to stop the guys from stopping the making of reploids!" Clark's response is "Great! When will it start?" "it starts tomorrow afternoon. We've gathered as many people both human and reploid alike to help with the protest." the uncle said while looking at me smiling. I ask ben Parker "Thank you so much. you are amazing! It might not be much but if we can put our point across we might be enough!" The parkers nod. Before we could continue the youngest Parker yawned in exhaustion so we said our goodbyes and went to our places of rest.