sixteen

When Spiridon entered the Headmistress's office empty-handed, it seemed that none of the Guardians were particularly surprised by this, Kirova was disappointed but not shocked either, "They weren't in the Princess's room, nor in the cafeteria, nor in any public place." Spiridon told everyone as he stood poised in front of the Headmistress's desk.

In the office stood a handful of Guardians, including Dimitri Belikov, the envoy from the Queen's Court to make sure the marking actually happen and to relay information to the Queen, Kirova and the tattoo-artist in the grounds, as well as Spiridon now.

"Is there a specific place that the Princess would retreat to?" Kirova inquired annoyed, sitting down on her chair and looking at everyone in the room.

"Several places Headmistress. But most of them have since been closed off to students since the Princess escape and the others have too many memories with the Novice Hathaway for the Princess to return to them." A senior Guardian, Alberta, replied, stepping away from the wall to speak before returning to her position.

"That could be a reason for her to go to them, because she'll believe we won't search them because of their sentimental value." Another Guardian countered, stepping away from the wall to speak.

"He's got a valuable point." The Headmistress agreed, pointing her finger at the Guardian who spoke.

"Fetch Andre..." Kirova started before trailing off, silently cursing herself for momentarily forgetting that the Dragomir Prince was deceased, a small sigh escaped her lips as she leaned back on her chair.

"Belikov's been training her since her arrival, hasn't he?" Spiridon questioned, moving his dark eyes to the Guardian in question.

Everyone turned to look at Dimitri causing him to slightly shift his weight from one leg to the other, "What about it?" Kirova questioned, truly not understanding what Spiridon was getting at.

"Seeing as Belikov has been training Alistair since her arrival, I'd assume that they've spoken, primarily about the Princess meaning that Belikov might have gotten an insight into how Alistair works." Spiridon clarified.

Kirova moved her eyes to Dimitri next, a silent demand for him to start spewing whatever he knew of Alistair, something that although uncomfortably he did.

"Indeed, I have been training Alistair and yes, we have spoken about the Princess, she even attended Alistair's training session yesterday." He started, watching as a seemingly innocent smirk etched on Spiridon's face. "Alistair told me that she's always focused on keeping the Princess safe, how her first thought is to protect the Princess first, she gave examples of times in which she was unnecessarily over-protective of the Princess but she didn't give much more information."