Dark

Crystal's POV

" Take care, little C. Stay safe. Be good. Don't skip meal. Study attentively. Don't think about anything else." Mom said. I sighed.

I can't believe 7 days has passed like this. I couldn't realize how fast the time flew and the day came when I had to leave my mom here and go back to Milan to my dad. It always has been the most heart broken thing for me. I don't want to leave Mom. I want my mom to stay with me. But it is not possible. My mom won't go with me. She hates Milan. I know that.

" You too take care of yourself. And don't work too much." I said.

" Don't worry about me. I will be alright. Come back soon. I will be waiting." Mom said.

" I will be back when it's the summer vacation. Till way to go." I said.

" I wish that day comes faster." She said.

" Mom, will we keep doing this all the life?! Why is our life too much messed up?" I asked her. She sighed.

" God knows better. This is what I can say. There is nothing else that I can say to explain what you have asked me." She said.

" I wish we could live like a happy family. Dad, you and me. It would be better." I said.

" May be this is the best option for us." She replied.

" I don't find it a best thing anyway, Mom. We are a broken family and no one wishes for a broken family but I have to live a life in a broken family. Isn't that a hard fact to accept?" I said.

" It's time, Crystal. Go. Bye. Take care." She said hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back. I controlled hard on my tears. I don't want to let her know that I am crying. I walked towards the jet that was waiting to take me back to Milan. I waved at her and she waved back. I walked inside and looked out of the window I found my mom totally defeated. She tried to hide her tears but I knew once the jet takes off she will burst into tears. I didn't control over my tears. I kept looking outside. I just promised myself that next time I will take my mom back with me.

I will make it happen. I need to hold back myself. It's not the time to make my plan come true. I touched my mom's features on the glass and placed a soft kiss on it.

I love you, Mom. I will not let you suffer anymore. I am your good little C. I will make you happy and I will get you back your lost love. You deserve him, Mom. You both deserve each other. Though I don't know what the reason behind you guy's divorce. I don't want to know that. If any reason force me to hate you or Dad then I don't want to know that. For me you guys are the best. And I want to repay your kindness and love. I know I will make it. God will help me because this is a good thing I am going to do.

" Ma'am, put on the seat belt." The flight attendant said.

I nodded and looked out of the window for one last time before the flight takes off. My mom was still standing there looking at the jet totally lost. I sighed wiping my tears.

" Ma'am, you will be back soon. Don't worry." The air hostess said to me hesitantly and I chuckled sadly listening to her. May be she understood my situation. After all she is also a girl. I looked up at her. She was a sweet girl with blonde hair.

" Have a seat there." I told her pointing the seat across me.

" Ma'am, me?! Here?" She asked.

" Do you have any problem? Or the pilot needs you to do something?" I asked her.

" No, ma'am. I am free now." She said.

" Then have a seat. Let's talk." I said.

" Sure, ma'am." She said and sat across me. She gave me a sweet smile. I smiled back.

" What is your name?" I asked her.

" Ma'am, Giovanna Medynskaya." She said.

" Are you from Russia?" I asked her.

" Yes, ma'am. How do you know?" She asked me.

" Your name sounds Russian. So I just guessed." I said.

" Oh. Ok." She said.

" How old are you?" I asked her.

" I am 21, ma'am." She said.

" That's alright. How long are are you working here for us?" I asked her.

" Almost 2 years, ma'am." She said.

" Oh. Ok. You work here most of the time my dad travels somewhere?" I asked her.

" Yes, I do attend all the flights." She said.

" Are you getting a suitable amount of wages?" I asked her.

" Yes, ma'am. It is more than enough." She said.

" Are you married?" I asked her.

" No, ma'am. I am not thinking about that right now." She said.

" Alright." I said. " Does my dad travels alone or there is someone who comes with him?" I asked her. 

" Most of the time with your uncle and with other business associates." She said.

" Is there any woman among them?" I asked.

" Sometimes Mrs. Clarkson joins with Mr. Clarkson. Other than that no one else that I have seen." She said.

" Who is Mr. & Mrs. Clarkson?" I asked her.

" Ma'am, they are one of the closest friends of Mr. Kingsley." She said.

Close friends!!! Hmm... I didn't know them anyways. Should I go to them and ask them about the reason why my parents hate each other?! If they are that close then they must know. I don't know if I can do it. But at first I need to find out where do they live.

" Do you know them personally?! I mean have their contact number or any information about them?" I asked her.

" No, ma'am. May be first officer Rita has Mrs. Clarkson's contract number. Because she is quite close to her. Should I go and ask her?" She asked me.

" No rush. You ask her later and text me." I said and she nodded. I gave her my number.

I may find out a way from this Clarkson couple. I need to find out a way to know the reason that made my parents undying rivals without any reason.

" One more things, Giovanna." I said.

" Sure, ma'am." She said.

" Does my dad travels alone as well? Where does he go when he travels alone?" I asked her.

" Ma'am, your dad comes here in Naples when he travels alone. At least since I have joined." She said dropping a bomb on me.

" What?!!" I said.

" Yes, ma'am. Once in every month." She said.

" What are you talking about?! My parents hates each other. My mom hates Milan cause my dad lives there and my dad hates Naples cause Mom lives here." I said. She was silent for a moment.

" May be things are not as simple as you see, Ma'am." She said.

What the hell is going on here?! Did I miss anything?!!

Stupid!!! You missed the secrets. My brain mocked.

It was right there was a secret that I am not aware of. I am in dark.