Beautiful Souls

Crystal's POV

I was really very upset. Not just upset I was feeling like my heart was weeping blood inside my chest. Something burned my soul. I wasn't feeling good. I was feeling like I will lose my senses any time now. I sat on the couch in the living room. I was thinking what I have heard earlier.

No, it can't be truth. She can't leave like this. She had some big dreams to fulfill. She just can't leave without fulfilling her dreams. I didn't even ever think that she will leave us like this. Just a week back she was all good and happy. She didn't look like she is so sick. She was always smiling and laughing. I still remember her giggles when I used to tell her stories and buy her favorite chocolates for her. Now all are memories.

Someone said it right the most heartbreaking time is when the person gave you the best memories becomes a memory. She is the most beautiful memory of mine.

My little Mary, be happy and safe wherever you are. May God bless you with highest reward, Sweetheart. I crossed my heart. I will never ever be able to forget you in this life. God, please give her all the happiness in the heaven.

I dragged myself in my room and threw myself on the bed. I remembered the day I met Mary for the first time. She was really very cute and charming girl. She was wearing a red frock and red shoes. She was giggling over everything.

I met her in the hospital for the first time. The day we found out that she has cancer. She was suffering from blood cancer. But she never was sad with that. She was always happy and contented with her life. Her strong belief in God was a thing that surprised me all the time. I remember once she told me that God loves her so much so he wants to test her and she wants to pass this test. She really passed this test never breaking down. I wish I was as strong as her. But I knew Mary was Mary. I can't be like her. Whenever I used to go to meet her she used to give me a bright smile that was really a magic which used to cast spell on me. All my sadness used to get vanished by that. I sighed and wiped my tears. I took out Mary's dairy and opened it.

12 June, 2018

I am not fine lately. We are going to the doctor tomorrow. I miss school and my friends. But grandpa said I will be fine soon and will go to school soon.

I turned over the page and there were a lot of blank pages. Then I got a page where she wrote something.

18 June, 2018

I am still sick. I can't walk for long. It hurts on my knees. But I don't want to tell that to grandpa. He will be upset then.

I kept turning over the pages and got another page with written something on it. 

27 June, 2018

It's raining today but I am still not ok. I can't go and see the rain. I wish I can go and see the raindrops.

28 June, 2018

Grandpa said my report is coming today. Now the doctor will give me medicines and I will get well soon. Then I will go back to school again.

I wiped my tears. Mary was an extraordinary girl. She was very talented and topper of her class. May be she didn't belong here in this world. This why God took her way.

13 July, 2018

Doctor said I will be fine soon. I am still sick. But Crystal came to see me today. She bought me a story book. I will read it once I get well. I wanted to read it now but I can't read for long. It hurts my head a lot.

I remember that day. I bought her Sherlock Holmes cause she said it's her favorite. She was very happy having that. I still remember that bright smile of her. Now everything is a memory.

17 August, 2018

It's my 11th birthday today. I feel a bit better today after a month. I have gathered some energy to write today. Crystal and grandpa bought a cake for me. But I can't eat anything. I feel vomiting. Still I ate some. It was delicious. I really had some good time today. Best birthday ever.

Yes, it was her birthday. She was very happy. She wanted to go out and we took her out. She enjoyed it very much.

27 August, 2018

I don't know what happened to me. I remain in illusions most of the time. Yesterday I saw my mom sitting next to me patting my head. I was very happy to see her but then she got vanished.

30 August, 2018

Doctor said I will be fine in one month. I am very fine. Tomorrow they will start with my treatment. I am happy. I will go back to school after that.

I wiped my tears touching her words.

4 September, 2018

I didn't know I have cancer. But I am not afraid of it. I am going to fight with it. And I will win.

I turned the page over.

18 September, 2018

It was my first chemotherapy today. My hair is falling out. But doctor said it will grow back. I trust him. Crystal came to see me with a teddy. I loved it.

23 October, 2018

I don't feel good anyway. I don't want to accept it but I know I was slowly dying. This cancer is a strange thing. It made me feel so different time to time. If I had enough time I would write book about it. But I don't know if I have enough time or not.

18 November, 2018

My friends came to see me today. I am so happy that they came to see me. They brought gifts for me. Kelly wrote a song for me which she sang me. I am very proud of you her. She is a future superstar. I wish I could attend her concerts. But I am happy for her.

I didn't bother to wipe my tears anymore. I let them flow.

10 December, 2018

I can't move that easily now. I think cancer really took over me. It's Christmas in a few days but I don't know if I can make it till Christmas Eve or not. But I just wanted to say that I had a beautiful life though it was short but still was beautiful. I am contented with my life. I don't think I could have a better life than this. Though I didn't want such ending but I trust on God. May be he has something very special for me there. I want to see that.

14 December, 2018

It's my last chemotherapy today. I am very weak. I don't want to have it. I want a peaceful ending.

I reached the last page of the diary.

15 December, 2018

I can't write anymore. I took help of the nurse. Crystal, as you are reading my diary then you also know by now that I am no more. Cause, otherwise I won't let anyone read my diary. It contains my weakness. I don't want to show anyone that I am weak. Just pray for me and don't cry. I am very grateful that we met. But I think we can't meet last time. I know am not going to make it till tomorrow morning. Be happy. Stay blessed. Everything happens for a reason. This is not the end. I want to see what's there behind end.

Don't forget me. I wish I could repay your kindness but this life of mine was too short but promise will do in the next life. Until then bye. Love you. See you in the next life.

Her words finishes here. I hugged the diary tightly on my chest and cried my heart out. Why do the beautiful souls always have to suffer?!