Helpless

Eugene's POV

The most helpless feeling is then when you can't do anything but watching someone's dear to you laying lifelessly in front of you. All the way to hospital from Kingsley's house I felt exactly the same thing. I felt something inside me was breaking down making me feel so horrible. Was that my heart!!! Of course, yes. It was weeping blood.

I found them taking her inside the OT and hold myself back. She is Crystal. She never breaks down. No matter what happens. She will fight it back and she will come back to me. She just can't leave like that. I didn't have any words to comfort her parents. I didn't have any words for me myself then how can I help someone else!!? I just went to them and sat next to Mrs. Kingsley. I wasn't able to match her gaze. If I do then I will break down which I don't want to.

" I am sorry." I whispered slowly.

" Why are you saying sorry?" She asked me softly with a wet voice.

" I ...I was late." I said. " I should have been more careful. I couldn't save her." I said.

" If you wouldn't reach there then Mrs. Collins would have should her on her head." Mr. Kingsley said. I nodded.

" If something happens to her then I don't think I will be able to live." Mrs. Kingsley said.

" Nothing will happen to her. She is a fighter. Nothing can break her down. She is a super girl. No one can defeat her. Not even death." I said.

" He is right. Don't cry. You will fell sick. Nothing will happen to our Crystal." Mr. Kingsley said. I nodded.

" But the bullet...it...it hit on her...her heart. Exactly the same place. I don't know anything. You have to bring my daughter back, Benedict. Do anything but I want her safe and sound." She kept crying and Mr. Kingsley hugged her tightly. I found Tris and Rodriguez reaching us. They went to handle the cops.

" What happened?" Mr. Kingsley asked.

" Mrs. Collins is dead. Bullet hit her good." He said. " I am not at all regretting about it." He said.

" I care a bit about that." I said.

" We have settled down the other stuffs." Rodriguez said.

" Better." I said shortly.

" What has the doctor said?" Rodriguez asked.

" Still nothing." I said.

" But the bullet hit her heart." Mrs. Kingsley said sobbing.

" Mrs. Kingsley, have your trust on God. Sometimes he tests us too hard to see how do we act when we are in trouble, do we remember him or not." Tris said. " And he made miracles happen."

She nodded her head wiping her tears.

" Are you all patient's family?" We found the doctor coming out of the OT. I swear my heart stopped beating cause wasn't feeling it anymore.

" Yes. What happened?!" Mr. Kingsley asked and Mrs. Kingsley clutched on his arm.

" How is my daughter?" Mrs. Kingsley asked.

" Stay strong, Ma'am. Until now we can't guarantee her life but we need AB- blood which is not currently available in blood bank. If any of you match this blood group from her family then please come with me. It's urgent." He said.

" Only Thea and Crystal's blood group matches with each other." Mr. Kingsley said.

" Doctor, I match her group. Let's go." Tris said and I suddenly remembered about this.

I was losing my mind. I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I just wanted to see her getting well soon.

" Great!! Come with us. In between you guys find out some other donors. We might need some more." The doctor said.

I walked and sat with Torren who was sitting there looking down.

" Your sister said she loves you a lot." I said to him. " She wanted to keep you safe." I said to him.

" But I couldn't save her. I couldn't save any of them. I am not a good brother." He said.

" Hey!!! Don't think like that. They are going to be fine.

" I hope so."  He said and I patted his shoulder.

I don't know how long we were sitting there without talking or caring about anything when a nurse came and told us that Thea has got her sense back. She wanted to meet everyone. But looking at Mr. & Mrs. Kingsley's current situation it was not at all suitable for them to meet Thea right now. She will get scared. I decided to go to meet her along to with Torren.

We reached her cabin and Torren entered first. I just followed him. I found Thea looking so pale. She was so weak. She tried to smile a bit looking at us. She extended her hand for Torren to hold it.

" How do you feel now?" Torren asked her holding her hand.

" I am..." She took a deep breath. " I am good. " She said.

" That's great." He said kissing on her hand.

This little kid has been so strong since the moment we are here in the hospital. He is trying hard not to break down in front of anyone.

" Where are the others?! Where are Mamma C and Crissy?" She asked and my heart clenched.

" They... They are..." Torren was stuttering.

" They are reaching here. They have to talk to the cops about stuffs. Your parents are also coming soon. You don't worry. They will be here soon." I said to her. Actually half lied.

" Everything ok?! They are fine, right?" She asked slowly.

" Absolutely fine. Nothing happened. You can relax." I said to her.

She was talking to Torren and I came out of there with my heavy heart. I sat there alone far away from everyone. I don't know what to do. I was feeling helpless. I have never felt like this before. I don't know how to handle myself. I don't know actually what was going to happen. But one thing was cleared there was no option for me to live without her in my life. I was thinking about her when I felt someone patting my shoulder. I looked up and found my mom. She smiled a bit and sat next to me.

" I have never seen you like this before." Mom said. I sighed deeply.

" I am feeling very awkwardly worst." I said as she patted my cheek.

" You can't always be strong and act like nothing effects you. You see? This effects you. Effects you a lot. This means you are with the right person who can make you feel the real you. No pretending no being masked. This is the real you. This is called love. When you can't feel yourself without her and when you feel helpless when she is not around." Mom said.

She was right. I was so helpless right now.