Brave & Fearless

Crystal's POV

" Are you sure, Crissy that you want to go inside?" Torren asked me.

" Of course, I do. Why? Are you afraid, Comrade Torren? Don't be afraid. Captain C is here. She won't let any harm come near you." I said to him.

" Alright but I don't want to go inside cause I got a feeling that something odd is going to happen. I don't know if it's ok or not but I have abnormal feeling." I said. I sighed.

Feelings are mutual but I don't want them to know that.

" I will be lying if I say I am not nervous. I am nervous. I don't know how to react if I can't take the truth. I am freaking out inside." Thea said.

" Keep faith in yourself and don't freak out. What happened has already happened. We can't change it. It is past and we have nothing to do with the past. But we need to know that because we want to do work with our present so that it won't effect our future." I said.

" What will you do if the truth hurts so much?" Torren asked.

" We have to accept the truth no matter how much it hurts us. We have to have that courage to face the truth, Little one." I said.

" Ok, then let's go." Thea said.

" What if it's something which makes you hate your parents then?" Torren asked which taken me aback for a moment. I looked at him weirdly. What will I do then?! Will I hate them?!! The answer came at once from my brain.

Never.

" I trust that my parents can't do anything wrong. Even if they have done something wrong they have their own reasons. So, I will never ever hate them. We shouldn't judge people. And have you guys ever seen people like my parents?!! They are the best person ever. I have never seen them hurting anyone ever. You can't hate them even if you want to." I said. " They kept ignoring me and I think this also have a reason behind it. I don't believe that my parents can do something which can make anyone specially me to hate them." I said. They nodded.

" No matter what we shouldn't judge our parents. They have reasons for everything. No parents hurt their children without any reason. So, if they did this to me then they must have a reason behind it." I said.

" Alright then we should go in." Thea said and I nodded.

Torren knocked on the door and we waited for someone to allow us to enter the cabin.

" Please, come in." A lady voice allowed us to go in from inside.

We entered the cabin and found blonde woman there was sitting behind the office desk working on her laptop. She was very confident. I observed her for awhile. Then she looked up at us. She looked shocked for awhile then smiled at us. A smile that assured me that she knows us very well and she is Mrs. Clarkson herself.

" What a pleasant surprise!!" She said. " Come have a seat." She gestured us to sit down.

" Mrs. Clarkson. I am Crystal Kingsley. They are my cousins. You are my dad's close friend so I thought you didn't mind that we have come to see you without any appointment." I said.

" I know you all. No worries." She said. " But suddenly you guys came here to meet me!! Is there anything that I need to know?" She asked us.

" We were here for something very important. You must got it already." Thea said and she nodded.

" What is it?" She asked.

" Umm... I know it sounds very awkward but I wanted to ask you a question about my parents as you and Mr. Clarkson are close friends of my parents." I said and she nodded.

" About your parents?" She asked me.

" Yeah. It's very important." I said.

" Alright. What do you want to ask me?" She was hesitating a bit.

" Before I ask you the question I request you please try to be honest. I need to know the truth not the false one. So, please cooperate." I said.

" Sure. But what do you want to ask, Crystal?" She asked me.

" I want to know the truth only." I said.

" Which truth?" She asked me.

" The truth about my parents. I want to know the real reason. If you don't want to tell us tge truth then please don't lie. We just want to know the truth. It's very important for me to know that." I said and she was shocked.

" Why do you want to know the truth suddenly?" She asked me.

" I do need to know it. It's important for me. Very very important." I said.

" You know some truth should never come to light. If it does it will hurt you badly. It will kill you from inside without your knowledge." She said.

" But you are forgetting Mrs. Clarkson, truth can never be hidden for long. No matter how much you try to hide the truth but it will still come to the light. If not you then there must be some other people who could help me. It's not necessary for you to tell me but it's more than a need for me to know the truth. Because it's a part of my life which has been eating me alive all these years. But I couldn't find the reason till now." I said to her.

" Why is it too important to you to know this?" She asked me.

" I want to live in peace. It's not possible when I don't know the truth. And besides I recently have realized that my mom is very lonely there in Naples. She has no one to take care of her. So, if I can't help her in this then I can't be relieved. So, I have decided to get her married again so that she can have someone who can be with her all the time to take care of her. This why I need to know the truth. But no one is telling the truth." I said.

" May be you are not supposed to know the truth. It is not appropriate tell you. It may make things complicated. If not then it will be very hard for you to take. So, no one wants that happen." She said to me.

" Really? I am not a kid anymore. I am grown up now." I said.

" How brave are you?" She asked.

" As brave as my dad and as fearless as my mom." I said.

" Fine. If you are brave and fearless then you can handle the truth." She said.