1. WELCOME BACK

"Yeah. It's just- I had a date."

Finding out that he had been in the ice for seventy years was a massive shock to Steve Rogers

Finding out that he had been in the ice for seventy years was a massive shock to Steve Rogers. He had no idea what he was going to do now. He couldn't stop thinking about Tori. He wondered what she thought when he never showed up for their date. He was still reeling when he was escorted back to S.H.I.E.LD. headquarters.

The director, Nick Fury, showed him to his new room. Steve looked around it. It was simply decorated, but it was clear that there were things from the new century. He sighed and sat down on the bed. It was soft—too soft.

"When you're ready, there's someone I would like to introduce you to," Fury's voice slightly startled him.

"I'm ready now."

"Wonderful," Fury pressed something in his ear, "Agent Stepanov, please come join me in the gym."

Fury turned on his heel and started walking. He had his hands clasped behind his back. Steve followed him quietly, still thinking about all that must have happened while he was "asleep". His mind wandered to his friends. Bucky was for sure gone. Tori and Peggy were probably dead as well. All of the soldiers gone too.

Fury lead him into a gym and turned towards Steve. He stood in his usual pose and kept his hands behind his back. Steve looked around the gym. It was much more high tech than anything he was used too. He couldn't help but admire it all.

"Ah. Agent Stepanov, thank you for joining us."

"Of course, Director."

Steve looked over his shoulder and saw a woman standing there looking at him. She was dressed in all black just like all the other agents he had seen. She smiled warmly at him.

"Captain Rogers, this is Agent Anastasia Stepanov. She's going to help you readjust to the world," Fury said.

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm Anastasia," the woman smiled slightly at him. He tilted his head as he studied her face. She was young, probably late twenties, early thirties. She had bright brown eyes with wavy brown hair pulled back. There was something about her looks that made him think of Tori.

"I-I'm sorry. Is there something wrong, Captain Rogers?" She tilted her head and raised her eyebrows as she looked between him and Fury worriedly.

Steve shook his head quickly, "no no

Steve shook his head quickly, "no no. Not at all. Sorry you just- kinda remind me of someone."

"The woman in your compass?" Fury interrupted.

"How do you-" Steve asked.

"This was found with you," Fury said tossing him something.

Steve caught it with ease and and looked down at the gold compass in his hand. He opened it up and looked at the picture of Tori before tucking it back into his pocket. He forced a smile before holding his hand out to Anastasia.

"Nice to meet you, Anastasia. I'm Steve Rogers."

"I know," she smiled shaking his hand, "It's nice to meet you too."

"You'll stay here in the facility for another day or so, and then you'll move into an apartment. Ana will be in the apartment next door that way she can help you with anything you need."

"Thank you," Steve said quietly looking between Anastasia and Fury.

"You're welcome."

"Uhm, a-are you hungry, Captai-"

"Please, call me Steve," he interrupted.

"Then I guess you can call me Ana," she smiled.

"Yes, Ana. I am very hungry."

"Then let me show you to the cafeteria."

——————————
Okay! That was the first chapter! Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed it!

Next update: Feb. 2, 2019 12pm MST