3. THIS ISN'T A DATE

"I'm sick of cafeteria food and cooking."

"But you just said you're hungry

"But you just said you're hungry. What else are we going to do?" Steve cocked his head at Ana as they walked around Central Park cooling down from their run.

"We could go to a restaurant."

"Would that draw too much attention to us?" Steve asked, knowing they needed to keep a relatively low profile.

"No more attention than you lapping me twelve times," Ana rolled her eyes, "but seriously. When was the last time you had a meal in a restaurant?" Ana looked up at him shading her eyes from the sun.

"Couldn't tell you," Steve shook his head.

"Then let's go out to eat."

"Okay. Now?"

"Nah. I need to go home and change," Ana stretched her arms up.

"You could probably use a shower too," Steve smirked at her as they walked towards their apartment complex, having settled into a comfortable banter with her the last few days. Steve had warmed up to her quicker than he thought he would have.

"And you don't?" Ana's head snapped up to him.

"Not as much as you."

"Oh so that's how it is, huh, Rogers?"

"That's how it is, Stepanov," he chuckled.

Ana rolled her eyes as they walked back. They fell into a comfortable silence during the short walk. When they got to the building, they walked over to the elevator. Ana hit the button and waited for the doors to ding open. When the doors open, several people walked out before Steve and Ana walked in. Steve hit the button for the seventh floor. Ana pulled out the key to her apartment as they waited for the doors to open. They dinged open, and a couple of people walked in as they walked out.

"Meet you in the lobby in half an hour?" Ana asked him once they had reached their apartments.

"Sure."

Ana looked at her watch, "eight o'clock on the dot. Don't you dare be late," she said before going into her apartment.

Her words startled Steve. He stood outside his door for a minute before shaking his head and letting himself into his apartment. Steve immediately went over to his closet to make sure his shield was still there.

Steve walked into his small bathroom and shut the door. He turned the water on and quickly showered. He got dressed and looked at the clock. He still had eleven minutes until Ana had said they'd meet up. She had been very clear about not being late, so he decided to be early. It just had to be a coincidence that Ana said almost word for word what Tori said right? There was no way Ana would have known what Tori said before he went into the water. She wasn't old enough. And she hadn't been there. Either way, it unsettled Steve.