13. THERE ARE REPERCUSSIONS

"Agent Stepanov, what is your location? We are on our way to pick you up."

"Yes, Director Fury

"Yes, Director Fury. I'm at Agent Hansen's apartment."

"Wonderful. We have much to discuss. We will see you in less than five minutes," Fury responded before hanging up.

"Director Fury?!" Sean looked at her with a frown.

"Yeah. He said they'd be taking me to the helicarrier."

"What do you think it's about?"

"I have no idea. He said we had much to discuss. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that Steve and I kissed each others' cheeks last night. Or maybe they found out about the data I copied."

"Ana," Sean whispered.

"I don't know. I'll keep you posted."

"Good luck," Sean hugged her.

"Thank you. I won't bring you up," she promised.

"I appreciate it," Sean sighed, "I still can't believe I'm going on a mission without you."

"Me too. I guess maybe they thought I'd still be with Steve?"

"Maybe. You still have my spare key right?"

"Sure do."

"You're the best."

"Whatever," Ana rolled her eyes as there was a knock on the door.

Ana and Sean exchanged a knowing look. The two embraced. Ana pulled away and took a deep breath. She grabbed her lanyard and tossed it around her neck. Ana also put her gun in back on her belt before walking to the door. Sean trailed just behind her. When she looked out the peephole, she saw Agent Hill standing there. Ana apprehensively opened the door.

"Agent Hill."

"Agent Stepanov, please come with me. Agent Hansen, we will pick you up in a little bit to bring you to DC for your final briefings."

"Copy," Hansen nodded.

Ana followed Agent Hill to a quinjet that would take them to the helicarrier. Her heart was already pounding. The fact that Director Fury called her and Agent Hill was taking her to the helicarrier, made her incredibly nervous. She just hoped that it was about the Manhattan attack.

"You have stitches, Agent. What happened?" Hill asked.

"I got hit in the face with glass during Loki's attack."

"Did you go to the hospital?"

"No. There were people who needed the help more, so Se-Agent Hansen stitched me up."

Hill nodded slowly as the walked on to the quinjet. Ana sat down quietly and looked at her hands. She bit her lip and fiddled with her keys. Her hand went to her gun, and she flicked at the safety.