5. SURPRISED?

"Good morning, Ana," Steve looked at Ana as she met him at the training center.

"Good morning, Steve."

Ever since Ana had kissed him, Steve had been unsure how to act around her. He had been shocked and very confused about it. Ana seemed to just want to brush it under the rug and continue on like normal—similarly to how they acted after Agent Hansen had thought they were on a date. Again, that was fine with Steve, though he was still thrown off by the kiss. He didn't think they had that kind of relationship.

He couldn't help but think about Tori whenever he thought about Ana kissing him. Had he somehow betrayed her decades later? He squeezed his eyes shut as he remembered kissing the German beauty all those years ago. He could almost smell her perfume and taste her mint chapstick. He just missed her.

Steve opened up his eyes as he heard more people walk in

Steve opened up his eyes as he heard more people walk in. Steve was going to be observing one of Ana's fight classes for women. He wasn't at all surprised to see Agent Hansen walk in. He immediately hugged Ana, and they began speaking softly in German. Ana nodded as she grabbed a tablet.

Once Hansen and Ana were done talking, Hansen moved to stand just a bit further down from him—slightly behind and to the side of Ana. Steve had to resist rolling his eyes as women walked in and stared at him in awe. He knew that it must be exciting for agents to see him. He got a lot of stares just walking around. He was glad Ana didn't do that when they first met.

"Good morning, everyone. Thank you for being on time. Hansen, please go lock the door," Ana turned to her friend and handed him a key. "As you can see, we have two special guests today. I'm sure you already know them, but I'll let them introduce themselves. Steve?"

Steve was a little surprised but stepped forward to stand just to the right of Ana as he waved a little, "thank you, Ana. Hi everyone. I'm Steve Rogers. I've heard great things about the training program, and I'm looking forward to seeing you fight today." Steve looked at Ana with a nod. She nodded back at him.

"I know everyone is going to want to impress Captain Rogers today, but don't show off so much that you hurt yourself or someone else. Sean?" She looked to her left where Sean was standing.