8. STUPID

"Morning, sunshine. You look like you need to talk," Sean smirked at her.

"I need a drink," Ana stuck her tongue out at Sean as she slid into the booth across from him at their usual breakfast diner

"Ana, it's 7:19 in the morning."

"So that means it's 5:19 somewhere."

"I can't with you sometimes, Ana," Sean rolled his eyes.

"The feeling is mutual."

"Anyways, how was your night with Steve? How many times did you do it? Did you orgasm?"

"Shut the fuck up, Sean!" Ana whisper yelled.

"Is that a yes?!"

"Sometimes I can't believe that we actually were successful on missions."

"Okay fine. I'll stop. But seriously. How was your night?"

"It was nice. We had dinner and then watched TV. I fell asleep on his sofa, and when I woke up, he was gone."

"He was gone? Wow."

"He had a mission to get to. Director Fury hand delivered it to him, and Agent Colson picked him up. He's going to be working with Nat."

Sean let out a low whistle, "wow. Some mission. What is about it?"

"The Tesseract. Which was HYDRA's most powerful weapon during World War II."

"Oh," Sean nodded slowly, "So Captain Rogers is probably thrilled about it being back."

"Definitely not."

"So tell me more about why the fuck you were in the secured data room. And how you even got in. You don't have the password or a credential for it."

"I know your password," Ana smirked.

"You're actually the worst, Anastasia. I can't stand you."

"Asshole," Ana lightly kicked him under the table, "I'm just looking for some information."

"About?"

"Peggy Carter."

"Why would information about Peggy Carter be classified? Seriously. How stupid do you think I am?"

"His and Peggy's friend, Victoria."

"Google it, Ana."

"We did. Not much out there. Like a suspicious lack of information. I thought maybe there'd be something that was in the deep files."

"Ana, why are you doing this? You could get fired," Sean put a hand on hers.

"I'm curious."

"You like him."

"He's a good guy. They're hard to find. Besides, wasn't being nice and helping Steve out my assignment?"

"You always take things to the extreme. I might know the codes."

"I don't want to get you in trouble, Sean."

"I won't. You're a smart girl. I'm sure you're pretty close anyways."

"Thank you," Ana smiled.

"You're welcome. We can get it done, but you're gonna need to disable the cameras or override them."

"Like that'll be a problem," Ana scoffed.

"Okay. Tomorrow. Arrive early and go to the training gym and wait for me."

"Got it. Did you order or what?"

"I did. Should be arriving now," Sean nodded at the waitress.

Ana and Sean began eating. They didn't talk too much. Ana just had too much on her mind regarding Steve and his mission. She wouldn't admit it, but she was a little worried about what exactly would be happening. The Tesseract was incredibly powerful. Having it fall into the wrong hands, again, was not something Steve must've been happy about.

Ana's mind then wondered to how she and Steve spent last night. He didn't seem to mind how close they were. She closed her eyes as she ate. She had been very comfortable with him.

Ana mentally scolded herself for hoping that he had kissed her before he left. She had probably just dreamed it. Or, he was he just getting close to her because she reminded him of Victoria.

"Quit daydreaming about Captain Rogers. I know he's dreamy and all, but we have a meeting soon."

"You grate a nerve, Hansen," Ana huffed.

"Ouch. I've been downgraded from Sean to Hansen? Hurts, Anastasia."

"Okay what is with everyone using my whole name lately? You, my parents, my brothers, Nat."

"You've talked to your family recently?"

"Yeah. Derrik had a couple calls the other day so we chatted for a bit. Emery's wife is expecting their second child."

"More nieces and or nephews for you!" Sean grinned.

"If I ever get to meet Emery's kid. You know how things are between us," Ana sighed.

"Just because you work for different agencies doesn't mean he doesn't love you."

"Emery's wife is six months pregnant. Derrik was the one who told me. Maybe I should've just joined the CIA when they came to me."

"Family is family," Sean shrugged, "I haven't talked to my sister is six years. And no. S.H.I.E.L.D. is way better than the CIA."

"I know," Ana rest a hand on his arm, "have any of your siblings?"

"Nope. I don't think she wants to be talked to."

"I get it. Anyways. We should probably start heading towards the office. Don't want to show up late."

——————————
Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed this chapter!