14. A WELCOMED SURPRISE

"Avengers—Anastasia?!"

"Hey, Steve," Ana smiled as he flew down the stairs to hug his old partner

"Hey, Steve," Ana smiled as he flew down the stairs to hug his old partner. He embraced her tightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him back. Steve's heart was racing as she gently ran her fingers through his hair in that way he loved.

"Ana! How are you?" He grinned as he set her down. He gently held her face in his hands and looked her over. Ana seemed a lot skinnier than he remembered. She looked exhausted and worn out, but Ana was just as beautiful as he remembered.

"I'm good. Glad to be back."

"When did you get back?"

"Early this morning. Nat helped us surprise you."

"Us?" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Sean's here too," Ana looked over her shoulder.

"Hey, it's been a while, Captain," Hansen walked over and held his hand out.

"Sure has. Nice to see you again, Hansen," Steve shook his hand.

"Move over and let me see my prodige. It's been three years," Natasha walked over and pushed Steve out of the way.

Steve watched as the two embraced. Natasha and Ana began talking quickly in Russian. Hansen quietly stood nearby, smirking. Steve figured it was because he understood what Ana and Nat were saying. Steve then saw Rhodey, Wanda, Vision, and Sam looking confused. This definitely wasn't what they expected from their first training session.

Sam was the first to come over to him, "uh who are they?"

"Anastasia Stepanov and Sean Hansen. Ana was actually the first Agent I worked with. She helped me get settled back into the world," Steve said.

"Nice to meet you," Hansen stepped forward and held out his hand, "Sean Hansen."

"Sam Wilson," Sam shook his hand.

Natasha burst out laughing—something most people had never seen. Ana lightly tackled her to the ground. They wrestled around a bit still speaking in Russian. Natasha easily pinned her down. Ana tapped out, and they both stood up.

"You've gotten really skinny," Nat crinkled her nose, "lost a lot of muscle. You too by the looks of it, Hansen."

"Yeah. It's been a tough few years," Hansen agreed walking over to Ana.

"At the end of the day, our mission was successful, and that's all that matters," Ana agreed as Hansen put his arm around her shoulders. She put an arm around him and leaned her head against his chest sending a pang to Steve's stomach.

"Introductions?" Rhodey asked.

"Oh yeah," Steve nodded and put a hand on the small of Ana's back.