2. JUST THE WARM UP

"Do you, uh, want to work out?"

"Sure," Ana nodded, leaning in the doorway of her apartment

"Here or at S.H.I.E.L.D?"

"The gym here is smaller and 100 percent more likely to have people who stare at you."

"Okay. S.H.I.E.L.D. it is."

"I'll meet you at the car in five?" Ana asked.

"Sounds good."

Steve turned around and went back into his room. He went over to his closet and quickly changed out of his jeans into his work out clothes. He grabbed a water bottle and started downstairs towards the SUV that S.H.I.E.L.D had given him and Ana.

The two of them had just moved into their apartments the day before and were starting to settle in. He figured she would want some time to herself as she got used to her new place. Steve didn't have that many belongings to set up his apartment so he mainly helped Ana moved in. He was glad that she was there. She was nice and explained anything he had questions about. She was really friendly, bubbly, and liked to joke around a bit which made Steve feel a bit more relaxed.

Ana got into the driver's seat, while Steve got in the passenger's seat. She turned the radio on just for some background noise as she started driving to S.H.I.E.L.D. It was a short drive to the S.H.I.E.L.D building was. Ana flashed her badge, and Steve was just let in. Ana said that Captain America didn't need a badge, but she could work on getting him one if he wanted. He decided that he wanted one. Steve was trying to return to a normal life and being let in just because he was Captain America was not the way to do that.

When they arrived at the gym, it was mostly empty aside from a few of other agents who seemed to be finishing up their work outs. Ana greeted a few of them warmly before introducing Steve to Agents Alexis Normak, Sean Hansen, and Olivia Mans. They were all very nice and seemed excited to be meeting him. Agents Normak and Mans said their goodbyes and left the gym while Agent Hansen stuck around.

"Man I feel bad for you, Captain. Stepanov is a handful," Agent Hansen joked.

"Oh shut up! You loved being my partner!" Ana laughed shoving him before turning to Steve, "I did all the heavy lifting when we went on missions together. Saved his stupid ass a few times too."

"Yeah?" Steve raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Sure did. I'm the reason he's still around."

"Calm down, hot shot. I saved your stupid ass a couple of times too!" Hansen fired back playfully punching her arm.

"How many years were you partners?" Steve looked between them.