EPILOGUE

💫 2028 💫

Ana smiled as she looked over at Steve who was carefully cuddling their new daughter, Ingrid Natasha Rogers. She had been a little bit of a surprise, but she and Steve were thrilled to have a daughter as well. Ingrid was smaller than Nik was when he was born, but she was still bigger than most baby girls.

She smiled holding Nik on her hip while she stirred the pasta on the stove. He gently tugged on her hair. She kissed his forehead and leaned her cheek on the top of his head. She bounced him a little bit.

"Mama," he giggled.

"Hello, Nikolai," she pressed a sloppy kiss to his cheek which made him laugh.

"Mama, I hungry!"

"You're hungry?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"We'll eat soon," she smiled.

"Promise?"

"I promise," she kissed his nose.

"Okay, Mama."

Ana moved away from the stove and set him down next to their dog. They had got a golden retriever puppy about a year before hand. Nikolai loved their dog, Chance. The two of them were best friends. Nikolai started chasing Chance around the kitchen.

Ana stirred the pasta before walking over to Steve. Ingrid was cuddled up in his arms. She smiled watching them together. Steve was a perfect father to Nikolai, but he had an extra level of protectiveness towards their baby daughter. She leaned her head on his arm.

"I love you," she murmured.

"I love you too, Ana, and I love this life with you. You're my other half."

"You know what they say, birds of a feather flock together," Ana mused.

Fin.