23. CRIMINAL

"Are you okay?" Ana turned around and saw Sean standing in the door of the break room.

"I'm just thinking about Steve," Ana admitted

"I figured that'd be on your mind in some capacity. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment, Ana. You're in the CIA, and he didn't sign The Accords," Sean warned.

"I know," Ana swallowed hardly.

"Is it also because of Viktoria?" Sean asked softly.

"Yeah. I'm thinking about Peggy too," Ana rubbed her face.

"Do you want to talk?" Sean asked while they put down their gear.

"I don't know."

"I'm here for you," Sean smiled and threw his arm around her shoulders.

"I know you are. It means a lot to me," she smiled and hugged him, "food? We have about fifteen minutes before we meet with Natasha, Mr. Stark, and Rhodey."

"Yeah. Where's Emery?"

"He went back to his house to see his wife and kids before everything gets even crazier."

"You didn't go?" Sean seemed surprised

"Wasn't invited," Ana rolled her eyes.

"I thought you two were doing better?"

"We are. He actually talks to me now."

"So, I know you have some thoughts about Barnes," Sean changed the subject, and Ana was grateful.

"Sure do. He always seemed very nice. He was a lot more outgoing than Steve. Very loyal and hardworking," Ana smiled, "he was dedicated to stopping the Nazis just like his best friend."

"How do you feel?"

"I honestly don't know," Ana shrugged, "I'm just worried about Steve, and what he might do."

"I know, I'm sorry. Do you," Sean trailed off biting his lip.

"Of course. I did before I knew about Viktoria. I still do. True love doesn't die. It's only reborn."