7. YOU'RE A BAD LIAR

"Hey, what are you doing in here? You're not a data person."

"Sean! You scared me," Ana turned around and flipped him off

"Seriously what are you doing in here?"

"I'm trying to find some data from a while ago."

"On?"

"Old fighting techniques they taught here. Might be able to update and change some stuff," Ana felt bad lying, but she couldn't actually tell him what she was doing.

"Those files would be in your personal file. And they're not encrypted," Sean smirked at her, "what do you think I am? Stupid?"

"Fine. We'll talk later. Come over around five?" Ana huffed.

"Alright. Get out of here before someone else comes in and starts asking questions," Sean shooed her out of the room.

Ana walked out and went to the gym. She knew Steve would be there since he always got there early. He didn't sleep a lot. She was about to walk in when she heard him talking to Fury.

"Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?" Fury asked.

"You should've left it in the ocean," came Steve's terse reply before he walked out.

"Good morning, Steve," Ana said softly.

"Morning," he gruffly muttered as he walked past her. His indifference stung her a bit.

"Steve, are you okay?" She reaches out and gently grasped his wrist.

"I'd rather not talk about it," he pulled his wrist away roughly which knocked Ana off balance a little.

"O-okay."

Steve seemed to realise that he had been rude and turned around, "I'm sorry. Can we talk later?"

"Of course."

"Thanks."

Ana nodded and went back to her training facility. She unlocked her office and went on to the computer. Ana went into her library to do what she told Sean she was trying to do. It was something that she was actually interested in. That only lasted a few minutes before her mind wandered back to Steve.

Ana couldn't help but wonder what got him so upset. She didn't know anything about the Tesseract, so she Googled it—it could also potentially have ties to Peggy and Tori.