30. WAKANDA

"We're almost to the palace. My sister can help you there," Prince T'Challa walked overto them.

"Thank you, Prince T'Challa," Ana breathed out weakly

"Shhh. Don't talk," Steve held her hand as he gently pressed a rag to her wound which made her cringe a little.

"Is Bucky okay?" She tried to look around for him. She whimpered everything started spinning.

"I'm good. I've taken worse. Focus on you, Ana," Bucky appeared next to Steve.

"You're bleeding too."

"Don't worry about me. I'll be okay," Bucky squeezed her shoulder."

Ana closed her eyes and squeezed Steve's hand. She opened her eyes again and sighed softly. Whatever was on the rag that Prince T'Challa had given them to help stop the bleeding was also helping with the pain. The blanket that Prince T'Challa had given her, had helped warm her up very quickly.

"I love you," Ana mumbled sleepily to Steve.

"I love you too, Ana."

"I'm tired."

"I know, but you can't sleep yet," Steve gently rubbed her cheek.

"It's okay to sleep, Ms. Stepanov," Prince T'Challa's voice came from above her.

"I don't wanna die," Ana bit her lip.

"You won't. Trust me," he promised, "I can help you."

Ana nodded and leaned her head against Steve's hand. She felt the blanket being pulled back from her a little. The rag against her side was taken away. Ana whimpered softly when she felt something being pushed into her wound.

She took a deep breath before a sense of calm came over her. Ana sighed out a little. Steve gently rubbed her cheek. She looked up at him and smiled. She could see the exhaustion in his clear blue eyes. She turned and kissed his palm before she floated off to sleep.

The next time Ana came around to her senses, she was curled up on a bed with blankets. She breathed in deeply before slowly opening her eyes. She was in a room with the shades down and the door closed. Ana blinked a couple of times. There was warmth in her left hand. She looked over and saw Steve sleeping in a chair, bent over the bed holding her hand. She smiled and gently ran her fingers through his hair.

Steve immediately stirred, "Ana?"

"Hi."

"Ana!" He sat up and hugged her tightly. Ana wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek, "how are you feeling?"

"A lot better. It's amazing."

"Wakanda's technology is incredible," Steve agreed.

Ana slowly sat up. She gestured for Steve to come sit on the bed with her. He sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She pulled the shirt she was wearing up a little bit to look at her side. It was completely healed. Ana was shocked to see no trace of burned skin. She ran her fingers over it carefully.