32. PERMISSION

"Not any more," Rhodey said.

"Mr

"Mr. Secretary," Steve said to the hologram.

The hologram walked towards them, "you've got some nerve. I'll give you that," he said before turning towards Ana, Nat, Sam, Vision, and Wanda.

"You could use some of that now," Ana responded evenly as she took Steve's hand. He quickly squeezed three times.

He turned away from them and back to him, "the world's on fire, and you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. If you want to stand in our way, then we'll fight you too."

The secretary narrowed his eyes at Steve before turning to Rhodey, "arrest them."

"All over it," he responded before swiping the call away, "that's a court-martial. It's great to see you Cap."

Steve smiled and stepped forward with Nat and shook his hand, "you too, Rhodey."

"Hey," he gave Nat a quick hug, "wow. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah well the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam smirked.

"Uh. I think you guys look great," a voice from behind them said.

Everyone looked and saw Bruce Banner walking towards them. Steve realised the Ana had never met him, but he knew that Nat would be relieved to see him again. Last they saw of him, he was the Hulk and on a Quinjet going who knows where on stealth mode.

"Yeah, I, uhm, I'm back," he let out a nervous chuckle.

"Hi, Bruce," Nat smiled.

Ana squeezed his hand and looked up at him with an arched eyebrow. Steve leaned down and kissed her forehead, "I'll explain later."

"Nat," he said softly squeezing his hands.

"This is awkward," Sam muttered.

"Anastasia is used to awkward situations. Her whole work life is an awkward situation that puts others into awkward situations, the selfish brat," another voice said.

Steve's head jerked up at the sound of Ana's full name. When he looked up, he saw Sean standing there with Sharon just behind Bruce. He looked down at Ana and saw a look of pure joy cross her face.