22. TIP

"Why does everyone think that the Winter Soldier goes to their gym?" Ana threw down her pen in frustration, "none of this is helpful."

"Everyone needs to be important," Emery yawned

To: Steve Rogers

I have a good lead. Where are you?

From: Steve Rogers

The dinner down the street from the UN building.

To: Steve Rogers

I'll be there in 5.

"I'm gonna go grab a coffee. Do you want one too?" Ana asked.

"Yes please. You know what I like," Emery nodded.

"Sure do," Ana stood up with a file.

She quickly clicked away the lead she was going to give Steve. She altered it so that it would come in later than it originally did to give Steve and Sam a head start. She walked briefly through the building. Ana walked out of the doors and hurried down the street. She waved briefly at Sean who was helping a woman get some more oxygen.

She spotted the diner that Steve was talking about. She passed Natasha who was taking with Prince T'Challa. When she walked into the diner, she saw Sam and Steve standing together at the bar. She walked over towards them.

"The people that shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me," she heard Sam say.

"Two large lattes to go, please," Ana said to the person behind the counter as she stopped next to Steve.

"Got it."

"Tips have been pouring in since the footage went public. Everyone thinks the Winter Soldier goes to their gym. Most of it is noise except this," Ana slid the file over to Steve. She felt her phone buzzing and looked down at her work phone.

From: Everett Ross

I want a briefing on what you and Emery have found.

"My boss wants a briefing now, so that's all the head start you're going to get."

"Thank you," Steve said softly as he took the file.

"I'll wait a bit before giving my boss this information, but you're going to have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight," Ana revealed grimly. She nodded at Sam swiftly. She locked eyes with Steve as she grabbed the two coffees.

Ana turned heel and hurried back tot he building. Natasha and T'Challa weren't outside anyone. She hustled back up to where Everett and Emery were. Her boss was already standing there waiting for her. She sent the coffees down.

"No coffee for me?" Everett raised an eyebrow.

"You don't drink coffee, Ross," Ana smirked.

"What do you have?" He changed the subject.

"Not a lot. Everyone thinks that Barnes goes to their gym," Emery sighed. Ana looked over at her computer. She pulled up the tips she had. She showed Ross what she had.

"Just a lot of noise to be honest," Ana agreed.

"I'm gonna need more than noise, agents," Ross frowned.

"We're getting new tips all the time. We're getting through them as quickly as possible," Emery rubbed his face.

"Go quicker. I'll send Hansen up to help too."

"Okay thank you."

Ana sighed and sipped on her coffee. Part of her felt bad about holding back the tip that she had given Steve, but she knew he was right—he was the least likely to die while bringing Bucky in if he was the Winter Soldier again. She knew it was for the best.

"Where's my coffee, Ana?" Sean asked as he walked over.

"You can share mine," Ana rolled her eyes as he picked up her cup. He took a sip and immediately spit it out and began coughing.

"I don't like lattes. I like black coffee," he whined as he sat down.

"Well too bad," Ana rolled her eyes, "the Stepanovs like lattes."

"What are you doing?" Sean asked as he leaned over.

"I'm checking to see if this is a good tip or not. Most of them have been that Barnes goes to their gym. I think Em could use some help with the phones."

"Sure could," Emery covered the mouth piece of the phone.

"Got it."

Ana waited another hour before she verified the tip once again. Once she was satisfied, she showed it to Emery and Sean. They agreed with her that it seemed like the best tip that had come through. Ana texted Ross to let him know. She also fired off a text to Steve to let him know that she had given the information to her boss. She stood up and began preparing to go back to Berlin.

From: Steve Rogers

Thanks for the head start. We're almost in to his building now.

To: Steve Rogers

You're welcome. Be careful.

——————————

Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed this chapter!

Next update: November 23, 2019