28. REMEMBER

"What's going to happen to your friends?"

"I don't know but whatever it is, we'll deal with it," Steve looked back at Bucky and Ana

"Sure will," Ana agreed.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve."

"What you did all those years, that wasn't you," Steve responded.

"You didn't have a choice," Ana added laying a hand on his.

"I know," he looked down at Ana's hand and then back to Steve, "but I did it."

"Back at airport, when we were meeting up with Clint, Wanda, and Scott, you said you felt like you knew me," Ana changed the subject.

"Because I feel like I do," Bucky seemed grateful for the change.

"It's because you do know her," Steve agreed.

"How? I just-I just met you at the airport."

"Actually, we met in Berlin after the fake doct-"

"Ana!" Steve groaned.

"Oh. I'm so sorry," Bucky looked over at her horrified, "if that's true, why are you still trying to help me?"

"Because you're Sergeant Barnes, Captain Rogers right hand man."

"You read that in a museum like I did?" Bucky rolled his eyes.

"You remember Victoria Fuchs, right?" Steve tried to steer the conversation back on track.

"The German who was part of the SSR that you liked? Yeah I remember her."

"I remember you too," Ana smiled.

"What are you talking about?"

"I am her reincarnation."

"I'm sorry, what?" Bucky gave her an incredulous look like she had suddenly sprouted a new head.

"I know. I was surprised too," Steve agreed.

"Let me explain everything," Ana turned in her seat to look at him better.

"You said it was a long story that we didn't have time for."

"Now we have the time," Steve shrugged.

"We sure do. So you knew Victoria Fuchs, the German who had been living in Britain. She was good friends with Peggy and Howard. Well, she was actually a Russia spy named Viktoria Vasiliev, pretending to be German. She was infiltrating the Nazis who sent her to infiltrate the Allies."

"What happened?"

"She slipped up. Peggy and Howard caught on and found out. She was brought to trial on the global scale for crimes against Russia, Germany, and the Allies. Viktoria was sentenced to life in a Russian prison where she was killed."