18. WANDA

"Didn't get much sleep did you?"

"How could I? Between the nightmares and thinking about Emery's visit two weeks ago?" Ana rubbed the back of her neck as she looked over at Natasha

"Nat, can I get a new room? Ana's been keeping me up with her screaming. She's probably been bothering Steve too," Sean fake complained.

"Not a bother," Steve rested a hand on Ana's shoulder.

He wasn't bothered at all. In fact, he had been sleeping in Ana's room ever since the first night she had her nightmares. He had been learned how to help calm her down pretty quickly. The two of them had become even closer than before if possible. He knew Natasha was onto them. He also knew that she had been taunting Ana in Russian.

"Maybe Wanda could help you," Rhodey suggested, "maybe she could get in your head and stop them."

"That's a good idea," Natasha nodded.

"It's worth a try," Steve looked down at Ana.

"I'm willing," she nodded.

"Oh thank god! I'm ready to suffocate you with a pillow in your sleep," Sean glared at her.

"I dare you to try," Ana sneered.

"I doubt that would go well," Steve chuckled squeezing Ana's shoulder, "come on. Let's go find Wanda. Nat, I trust you can take care of everything."

Steve places a hand on Ana's lower back. He lead her out of the gym and towards the living room. He knew that Wanda and Vision would be there. Ana wrapped her arm around his waist and hugged him.

"Thank you."

"For what?" He asked confused as he hugged her back.

"Not giving up on me," she smiled half heartedly.

"I'm never going give up on you, Ana."

"Thank you," she smiled hugging him a little tighter.

"Of course."

"Captain Rogers. Anastasia, I thought I heard your voices," Vision walked through the wall.

"Jesus," Ana jumped back a little and grabbed on to Steve's forearm, "I swear I am never going to get used to that."

"Vis, we talked about not walking through walls and scaring people," Wanda was standing in the door way.

"Well I-" Vision hesitated.

"How can we help you?" Wanda smiled.

"Ana," Steve looked at her.

"I've uh, been having really bad nightmares. I was wondering if you'd be able to maybe help?" Ana asked biting her lip.

"Yes of course. Come sit down," Wanda smiled and held her hand out to Ana.

The two walked over to the couch and sat down. Ana looked over at Steve. He walked over and sat down next to her. He put his arm around her shoulders. Ana leaned her head on his chest.

"I'm going to get into your mind and see your nightmares first. Then, Vis and I will figure out how to block them."

Ana took his hand and a deep breath before she nodded at Wanda. Steve squeezed her hand as Wanda's hands began to glow red and Ana's eyes closed.

Vision rested a hand on Wanda's shoulder

Vision rested a hand on Wanda's shoulder. The stone in his head began to glow yellow as he saw what Wanda was seeing inside Ana's mind. Steve wished he could see too. Ana never wanted to talk about the nightmares, but she always cried. They were becoming more and more frequent. She used to have them a couple times a week, but they seemed to happen every night now. Sometimes multiple times a night.

Wanda's hands stopped glowing. She looked up at Vision, "yeah?"

"I agree," Vision nodded.

"Agree on what?" Ana asked groggily.

"Anastasia, do you believe in reincarnation?" Vision asked.

"Like being reborn?" Ana yawned.

"Exactly like that," Vision nodded.

"Not really. Why?"

"Because you are a reincarnation. Your nightmares are actually memories from your past life," Wanda explained, "and when you were waking up on your own, in that memory, it was right before you died in your last life."

"Really? Nothing is very clear in my nightmares."

"It's your mind's way of dealing with the trauma you suffered," Vision added, "the mind has funny ways of dealing with and processing trauma."

"Why did they start now? Why not sooner?"

"Because you spent time in places where you had traumatic experiences in your past life while you were on your mission with Agent Hansen."

"Do you know who I was in my past life?"

"Yes. A Russian spy from World War II named Viktoria Vasiliev," Wanda nodded.

"WHAT?!" Steve dropped Ana's hand and stood up.

"I beg your pardon?!" Ana yelped.

"I'm sorry? Is there a problem?" Wanda tilted her head.

"I gotta go," Steve muttered and walked away.

"Steve, wait!" Ana called.

Steve ignored Ana's calls after him and kept walking away. His head was reeling. He had just began to come to terms that Tori wasn't who he thought she was—or anyone thought she was. And now, one of the people he trusted the most turned out to be her. The woman he loved who had actually managed to betray three countries during war was there with him.

"Steve! Please! Can we talk?" Ana grabbed his wrist tightly.

"No! No we can't," Steve yanked his wrist away so roughly that Ana fell on the ground. He turned and looked down at Ana with tears in his eyes, "your looks reminded me of her. Some of the things you said were word for word what she said. I thought it was a weird coincidence, but now I find out you are her?! After everything you told me?! Knowing everything you did?! You betrayed me. No. We're done talking. Leave me alone."

"Steve, please," he watched tears start to fall down her cheeks, "please."

"I said, leave me alone, Tori," Steve spat before waking off.

——————————

Please leave a vote and comment(s) if you enjoyed this chapter!