Heartbroken 💔

Roman had been in love with Virgil for a while. And today was the day he would tell him. Roman walked to Virgil's door with a bright smile on his face. Roman knocked loudly. The door swung open and Virgil stood in the doorway. "What do you want Roman?" "I have something to tell you." Virgil slumped against the doorframe. "Go ahead." "I l-love you Virgil." Roman said a hint of nervousness in his voice. Virgil's face turned red and he looked at Roman. "You what?" "I love you."

  Just then Virgil did something Roman wasn't expecting, he laughed. Virgil was laughing the loudest he's ever laughed. "Y-you've got to be kidding me!" Virgil said laughing. "You. In love with me. That's funny. Wow Roman. This is a joke right?" "Uh no it's not. I really do love you." "Wow Roman you're really dedicated to this prank aren't you?" "Oh y-yeah. It's a joke." Roman said feeling tears threatening to pour. "Roman are you ok?" "I'm uhh f-fine Virgil." Roman ran to his room crying silently.

  Roman never opened his heart to anyone after that. He was too afraid of getting rejected again. He couldn't face Virgil ever again. It took him 3 weeks to come out of his room. His heart just couldn't take the idea of rejection. So he cut out love all together. Roman prevented himself from feeling love or being loved all because Virgil broke his heart that one fateful day.