11

When I get near him, he looks up at me and smiles. Putting his phone in his pocket, he walks to me.

"So, I'm pretty hungry, don't know about you, I say we go eat out," he smiled brightly.

I scoffed, "like you would want to be fucking seen with me."

His smile dropped and he stepped closer, lowering his head to my height, "for your information, Bailey, I don't give a fuck what people would think if I'm seen with you. I'm choosing to be with you, people judging me because I'm seen with you is the least of my concern, they can get fucked. Right?"

My eyes widen, "right," I quickly reply.

He stands back up, "let's go," nodding his head towards the parking lot.

I follow him as he takes his large steps to his car. We end up at his car, get seated and he starts to drive. The music is a comfortable volume, and as I look out the window I can't help but think that this is some hell of an idea if I'm going to my spend the night with my old enemy.

I didn't even realise how long we have been driving until we pulled up at a small diner. Harry turns the engine of and opens his door.

As he's stepping out he says, "are you just going to sit there? I can see how hungry you are," he raised his eyebrows at me.

I sigh and fiddle with my fingers, I don't have any money on me right now, let alone enough to pay for a meal. How am I supposed to buy something to eat? I guess I won't get anything.

I open the car door and step out, Harry waiting at the front of the car for me. When I reach him we start walking. As you do, we get inside and go to a booth in the corner, sitting opposite each other.

Harry picks up the menu and reads through it, meanwhile I am just staring at the table.

"You must come here a lot if you already know what you are getting," Harry says while placing his menu down and looking at me.

I feel my throat start to tighten as I look at him and quietly say, "I don't come here at all, never been," I look around.

He looks confused as he questions, "then why aren't you looking at the menu?"

I clear my throat and give him a hard stare, "I don't have any money Harry."

"Well you could have just said. I will pay for you. Everyone forgets to carry money around sometimes," he shrugs.

I feel tears in my eyes as I blink them away, "no Harry, it's not just that I don't have money on me right now, I don't have any money," my voice cracks as I say 'any'.

His eyes go wide, "oh. Oh no. Don't get upset, I didn't know. I would have paid for you anyway, don't cry," he says frantically.

I look down and shake my head, suck it up. When I look back up he is giving me a sympathetic smile.

"This is another thing you go through, yeah?" He asks, being careful for it not to sound rude.

I nod and mumble, "yeah"