14

Harry wrapped a towel around me when we got in his car. The drive back to his house was silent but mostly comfortable.

When we do reach his house, there is a car parked out the front.

"Is that your parents car?" I quietly ask.

He turns his car off and pulls the keys out. He leans back into his chair, looks straight ahead and sighs.

"I lied," he simple says.

"About?" I ask.

"My sister," he squeezes his eyes closed and opens them, "she never got beaten up by my dad. My dad was just a shit husband to my mum. My sister moved away for collage but that was it. I'm sorry I lied, I just needed to make you believe that I had a reason to help you, because I really want to help you. And I thought that if I said that you would be like 'oh yeah Harry I'll give you a chance' or something. But I'm sorry. She's here right now. I'm such a dick, I fu-"

I cut him off, "shut the fuck up. You lying is the least of my fucking worries so let's forget about it, yeah? I understand why you did lie, but I don't give a fuck about anything, so there done?" I get out of the car and shut the door.

Harry is still sitting in the car, stunned that I didn't get mad at him lying.

I am sort of mad. He used abuse, something I go through, just so he could convince me that he had a reason to help me. But I can't hold that against him, he's I good guy, I can see it now.

I walk over to his side and open the door, "hurry up. Come and introduce me to her," I nod towards the house.

It's like Harry realises he's still sitting there and quickly gets out. I follow him to the front door that he unlocks, stepping in after him and waiting behind him.

"Gemma we're home!" He calls out.

"What do you mean we're home?" A gentle female voice calls from somewhere in the house, "I thought it was just you until mum and Rob get home. Oh wait! Is she here, is she here?!" We soon hear footsteps near us and a squeal before arms are wrapped around my shoulders.

I tense when she hugs me and awkwardly bring my arms up to hug her, barley touching her.

"Harry come her!" She squeals and removes one arm from me, opening it up so Harry can join the hug.

He puts his arm around his sister and one gently on my waist, squeezing me for reassurance.

Gemma pulls away and looks at me, she is so beautiful. "He's told me so much about you, you're such a strong girl. I know we just met, oh wait," she steps back and extends her hand, "I'm Gemma and you're Bailey, already knew you were coming, Harry called the second after you agreed to come here," she laughs and I quietly do to. Harry stands there with his arms crossed, shaking his head but hiding a smile.

"Harry is such an idiot for ever bullying someone like you," she hits the back of Harry's head, "so gorgeous!"

"Well, I'm surprised to see this side of Harry" I say honestly.

She grips my shoulders, her voice turning serious, "Harry has told me what you've been through, no one should go through that. I'm deeply sorry for you. But you have to remember this is none of your fault and you have to block his words out and survive like you have every other day. Even thought we just met, I like you already and I'm here for you. Just like Harry," she pulls me in for a hug again.

"Thank you," my voice is quiet.

Harry clears his throat after a while and Gemma separates from me, "uh Gem, Bailey is kind of soaking wet. Do you have any clothes around here that you can lend her?"

"Of course I do," she grabs my hand and leads me away from Harry.