Chapter 24 - Fish?

I yawned as I got up from the warm wolf fur I was sleeping on.

Ginta slept peacefuly on his own wolf fur beside me. He looked younger like this. His features were delicate and I resisted the urge to rest my head on his chest and hear his heart beat. His hands were fisted and were pressed to his chest.

I shook my head.

Damn it, what am I thinking?!

Last night came back to me and I remembered what had happened. I put a finger to my bottom lip and blushed a little.

The kiss...

I felt my temperature rise as I remember how tender the kiss was. His lips were soft and his hair felt just like I imagined it to be; soft and fluffy.

"Meeeh, I need fish!" Ginta muttered in his sleep. He had a funny habit of doing that.

"Fish?" I asked myself as my stomach rumbled.

Thanks Ginta! I thought sarcasticaly and kicked away the fur off of me.

I knew a good place to catch fish. If I had enough time, I could get enough fish to feed the whole wolf pack for brekfast.

Although they're very greedy!

I grabbed my backpack and settled it on one shoulder and turned to the exit.

Just before I was about to leave I heard my name being spoken.

I looked over my shoulder to see Hakkagu watching me.

"I'm just going to hunt, I'll be back soon!" I whispered, afraid to wake Ginta up.

"I wanna come!" Hakkagu whispered and ran towards me with a toothy grin.

"I'm hungry. What are we hunting for?" he asked.

"Fish."

"Fish?"

"Yeah, fish!" I nodded my head enthusiasticaly.

"Ok."

                             * * *

I yawned as I stood still in the cold water, waiting for more fish to swim by so I could pounce at them.

"Can't I at least eat one? Please?" Hakkagu begged for the second time in under three minutes.

"Nope, we need as much as possible to take back to the tribe. Besides, you haven't even caught one, therefore no brekfast for you, unless you catch your own."

"But I'm hungry!" Hakkagu whined.

Seeing no more fish, I sighed and sat down next to Hakkagu, on a big rock.

"Say, Hakkagu, if I gave you a fish or two, will you stop whining?"

"Sure will!" I gave a nod and handed him two fishes. He instantly began to sing his teeth into the fish, savouring each hungry bite.

Boy, do wolves have bad manners! I thought and ate my own fish.

"Mff, Myou?" Hakkagu asked with fish stuffed in his mouth. "Where did you use to live?"

My eyes went wide at the sudden question. What made him ask that?

"I've been wanting to ask you. Since I still don't know that much about you I was hoping for some info."

"I could say the same to you. I'll only tell you, if you tell me." I smiled sweetly and continued to stare at the little stream that flowed down the rocks.

"Um..." Hakkagu scratched the back of his head. "I'll be right back." He got up and headed for the bushes.

I shook my head and went back to fishing.

A few minutes later Hakkagu had returned and sat back down on the rock.

"Had a nice pee?" I joked.

"I found some berries!" Hakkagu waved his closed fist in the air triumphantly.

"Huh?..." I turned around. "Hakkagu! Don't eat that!!" I ran for him and moved his hand away before the berries touched his mouth.

"Idiot! Those are poisonous!"

Hakkagu gave a strange look and dropped the berries. His hand was stained with shades of purple lines.

"Myou...you didn't have to be rough! Ow! My back! My back!" I pulled away and let the idiot sit on the floor.

"Don't scare me like that! If any of my friends or family got hurt, I'd blame myself!"

I began wrapping the fish in a big white cloth and carried it up the hill, Hakkagu walked behind me, hungrily staring at the cloth.

                           * * *

"What is up the there anyway?" I asked Hakkagu as we climbed up the tree.

"There! In the distance, do you see it?" Hakkagu pointed at something in the distance.

I squinted in the direction until I saw a shining light.

The stars were twinkling brightly in the violet sky as fireflies flew around.

"So why did you bring me here?"

"Happy Birthday!" Hakkagu sang.

I stared at him and thought about the day.

If course! I forgot it was my own birthday! But how did Hakkagu know?

"Did Myoga tell you?" I asked blankly.

"No. That old man that fixes weapons did."

"Oh, Totosai!" I muttered.

Eversince papa died I had stopped celebrating my birthday. I even forgot it, which is funny in a way!

"Remember when you said you'd only tell me something about yourself if I did the same?"

I nodded and looked at him, confused.

"Who is most important to you in the world?"

I thought for a second before answering.

"My family."

"A loved one?" he continued.

"What do you mean, Hakkagu?"

"You like Ginta, don't you?" Hakkagu nudged my arm.

I looked away, but not in time to hide my burning cheeks that had gone red.

Hakkagu sighed.

"I want you to like me, you know."

"Eh?" I asked in disbelief.

"...I...love you...like Ginta does..."

My mind went blank as I, for some reason, remembered how Inuyasha and Koga fought over Kagome for her love.

Kagome told me that it was complicated for her. I didn't understand then, but now I kind of do.

"Myou?" I looked at Hakkagu questioningly.

"Please love me!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A.N//

Ok! I'm not so sure about this chapter.

Sorry for not updating recently, school has started and it sucks!

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter.

I'll be making more chapters soon.

Sayonara for now! ^.^

- RosalieDemon