Chapter 22 - Team chicken!

After Myoga had inspected the sword he had announced that he knew what sword it was.

"This is indeed a legendary sword. It was named after it's owner, Nobuyuki. He was a Seer and because demons always came to trouble him, he got rid of the sword. He hid it in his old village and put a barrier around a shack, so nobody could enter."

"So what does the sword do? I noticed when Sesshomaru touched the sword red sparks came out and hurt his hand. When me and Totosai touched the sword it did nothing."

"That is because it chooses it's master. It knows who's good and who is worthy of wielding it."

"So your saying it has a barrier or something?"

"In a way, yes."

"And a Seer is?" I was beginning to get very curious about this Seer buisness. Are there a lot of Seers out there or is it a rare ability? Was this Nobuyuki guy a human or a powerful demon?

"A Seer is someone with a strong and reliable spirit. They are like a priest, in a way. They can see things that others can't and, with some practice, they can brake even the strongest of barriers."

"They seem pretty mighty, huh?" Sesshomaru could have been mistaken calling me a Seer. The green pilar of light didn't seem that special to me.

"Yes." Myoga jumped onto Totosai's shoulder and crossed his arms.

"Are Seers popular around here?"

"Why no, Myou. There aren't much around because it's a rare ability. You'd be lucky to have the ability."

"Well then," I got up and held the sword in both hands. "Totosai, please teach me how to wield this sword!"

"It's not that simple, Myou." Totosai held up his hands in exasperation.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Well...I don't know much about the sword myself and I think your best chance will be fighting demons with the sword and get better like that."

"Like Inuyasha did with tetsuaiga?"

"Yes." The two said.

"Hm! I'm going to be much better than Inuyasha at this!"

"Well...be careful!" Myoga said.

"Maybe I can test my new weapon on Inuyasha...he's strong enough hehehe..." I chuckled quietly.

"Eh?" Totosai asked, confused.

"Oh nothing! Bye!" I waved before leaving the hut.

                           * * *

"Oh Inuyashaaa!" I sang as I entered Kaede's hut.

"Er...what do you want?" Inuyasha seemed uncomfortable with the call and edged away.

"Hehehe, how would you like to help me out with sword practice? You and Tetsuaiga against me and my new blade here?"

"Heh, sounds good to me!" He got up and brought Tetsuaiga with him. "Just don't be a baby when you get you butt beaten up!"

"Pah, don't go counting on it!"

"Inuyasha! Don't go fighting a girl unless it's necessary!" Kagome called over her shoulder.

"Pah! This is necessary!" Inuyasha smirked.

"So, how about we go fight a distance from the village? I don't like the idea of cleaning up a whole village after a fight."

"I agree."

We walked a few miles until we came to a grassy hill, far from anything wrekable.

"Alright, you ready to lose?" Inuyasha asked, holding tetsuaiga in front of him.

"I'm not gonna lose to you! I'll show you who's the strongest!" I held up my own sword before me and prepared to attack.

"One..." Inuyasha began to count.

"Two..." I joined in.

"Go!" We lundged for eachother, swords in hand, and were ready to fight.

As soon as the two blades clashed there was a loud clank and light emitted from imbetween both blades.

"When I win I'm going to eat half of your ninja snacks!" Inuyasha grinned.

"Why? Because Shippo gets half of yours?" I shoved him away with the force of my sword and lunged at him again.

"Oh no you don't!" He spun around and kicked me sqare in the stomach. I was sent flying, and landed in a tree.

"Bastard!" I muttered and got out of the tree.

"It goes down to the one without energy left. I don't care if the fight leaves an injury, I want a good challenge!"

"Pah, I'm the best of the best! It's not like you'll win against me anyway!"

Oh we'll see, Inuyasha! I grinned and ran past him. He blocked me with tetsuaiga and we began to fight again.

                            * * *

In the end, it turned out that none of us had won. We were both out of breath, since we had fought literaly all morning, but none of us had real injurys. Inuyasha had blood trickling down his cheeck from where my sword scratched, and I had some bruises and a bloody mouth.

Kagome and the others had decided to come and look for us. When they did find us, they had stopped the fight.

"Inuyasha no!" Kagome cried as Inuyasha's fist was held up in the air.But it was too late. He had already targeted and driven the blow right in my face.

I had returned the favour and kicked him in the soft spot.

I couldn't help but laugh at how he lay on the floor.

"Myou! What are you doing?!" It was Miroku's turn to scold as he neared us with his stick. "Please, I know you two don't get along, but still..."

"Wait...you think we're realy fighting because we 'don't get along'?"

After a moment of silence Inuyasha and I burst out laughing. They were worried that we would actualy hurt eachother.

"Haha, you humans are funny. Demons, and half demons, are strong and can handle themselves just fine. We were just play-fighting. We weren't hurting eachother."

"Then why did he punch you and you kicked him? That wasn't part of the sword training." Kagome said.

"We were testing eachothers strengths." Inhyasha said from where he lay on his stomach. "Pah, and it seems you're not a wimp after all."

"Ha! Neither are you."

"Ok, for making us worry, there's no chiken soup for you two!" Kagome said and walked away. Sango and Miroku shrugged and followed afterwards.

I frowned and looked over at Inuyasha.

"They said there's no soup for us, but they never said anything about getting our own food!"

"True, but where would we get the food from? There's not much around here to get."

"I have a few things to trade for some of the villager's vegetables, and I know a nasty demon that kills little children for brekfast."

"Your point?"

"He has chikens, pigs, corn and a few other things."

"Good call. I'll go and get them while you get the veg!"

"Nope, you're not going to leave me do the boring job. We'll go do both tasks together. Like a team?"

"Fine, bit only because you know where the food is."

I nodded and helped him up from the dirt.

"Where to first? The veg or the chickens?"

"Chickens! Let's go!" I nodded and led the way.