Chapter 26 - Triumph!

"NOW!!" I yelled and spread out my wings.

I had allowed myself to get hurt a little, knowing it would be worth it.

Naraku looked surprised. I used that chance and leapt at him with the sword.

"I'm not as stupid as you think!" Naraku blocked my attack and pushed me away.

I glanced at Sesshomaru and saw that he was preparing to jump out of the hole he had made in the wall.

Naraku noticed and chuckled.

"You are willing to risk your life for filth like that? He doesn't care for you and hasn't done anything to deserve your respect!"

"You're wrong, Naraku!" I yelled.

Sesshomaru stopped and glanced at me coldly.

I focused on Naraku and glared at him with as much hate in my eyes as I could muster.

"He's helped me out plenty of times without realizing it. He's taught me how to be strong and he's a friend of mine! Don't talk about my friends as if you know them!"

I swung my blade at him and summoned the fiery wrath I had deep inside of me.

"You're a heartless fool!" I cut his arm again as he took a step back.

"A coward!" I pulled out the sword, now dripping with Naraku's blood and swung at him again.

"You're so disgustingly putrid that not even a vampire demon would want to drink your deseased blood!"

"Grrr, weakling!" Naraku had begun to get angry, meaning he was loosing defence.

"No, you are the weakling Naraku! You depend on a stupid shikon jewel for happiness, but it's only ruining you and others around you! It's making you weak and people hate you!

"What are you planning to gain from all of the chaos? Are you that stupid to not see that when you've ruled all of the world, the shikon jewel will kill you. It's using you!" 

"What do you know about it?! You know nothing about me!" Naraku hissed.

"I know that you once loved Kikyo. You ruined that love! That one chance and you blew it, all for dumb power instead of relying on your own!"

"Grrrr!"

"What do you plan on doing when all around you is gone and ruined?! You're life is empty Naraku! You are the one ruining it for yourself!" With one final blow I had the sword buried deep in Naraku's chest.

Blood oozed out of Naraku's mangled and torn body. Unfortionately he hadn't died yet.

"I'll...get you...for this!" Naraku summoned all his demons before leaving.

"Bastard weakling!" I yelled behind him.

"Hmhmhm, hello again little girl!" The white haired woman was back. There had no trace of blood or anything on her body. She looked perfectly healed.

"Hehe, don't be fooled! I planned this out nicely! I knew you'd come back, I just needed time before I really finish you off!"

"Well, aren't we the smart one!" The woman smirked.

I smirked with equal casualness.

"I am. You're not."

"Enough talk!" Her smirk had turned into a glaring frown.

"Yes, stop talking and fight me to the end!" I prepared myself as she swooped down and aimed her sharp spear at my head.

I ducked and whistled, avoiding the hits the other demons threw at me.

As soon as my whistle had stopped the doors were flung open and in came the wolf tribe.

"Myou!" Shippo and the others had probably heard the comotion and came to get the jewel shard.

I welcomed the help and turned back to fight the woman.

"Die!" Once her spear was nocked out of her grasp I threw my own weapon on the floor and punched the woman in the face.

"Time to do this the proper way!"