A Good Night Indeed

"Come on Yvette, lets go. I need a drink!" Rose said, grabbing my hand into hers and heading towards the restaurant.

I was suddenly feeling riddled with self consciousness, I wasn't trying to show it to much because I promised Rose I would live tonight outside of my own thoughts. But I couldn't help it, like we're going to a private party that Shawn Mendes personally invited me too.

"Yvette, Get our of your own mind. Live a little tonight babes. It's what you deserve, live in the moment please." Rose said squeezing my hand bringing me back to reality.

She's right.

I deserve this much.

"Okay Your right! Tonight is gonna be a night to remember. Let's do this." I said smiling at my gorgeous best friend as we walked up towards the bouncer. He looked at us with his big eyes and bigger body build and his tight black shirt and clipboard. He was riddled in tattoos on both arms.

"Hi, we're here for the party." I smiled at the body guard. He looked at us in such an intimidating way that I felt like I would vomit.

"Name." He said pulling the clipboard out, and scanning the names.

"Yvette plus one." I hesitated suddenly feeling very fearful. What if he forgot to add my name.

He removed the velvet ropes and just ushered for ya to walk in. Rose gave him a deep smile and then winked at him making me break out in laughter as we walked into the restaurant.

Everything was lowly lit and there was low music playing around with very people scattered and deep into conversation and drinks flowing. There were arrows on corners signaling for whoever wanted to go to the back of the restaurant. We held hands as we passed through the small crowds of people. Once we got to the back it was even more breath taking. The open concept was amazing with the beautiful LA skyline in the back.

"Wow, this is beautiful. Who's party is this Yvette?" Rose said as we got to the outside bar.

"Um, honestly I don't—

"It's my party."

Rose and I both turned to face the voice.

It was JOHN FUCKING MAYER !

Me and Rose both were speechless, her a little more because I knew how much she adored him! Before I could say anything I saw Shawn walking over with a drink in hand.

"Your John Mayer!" Was all we could muster. Making him laugh his heartfelt laugh.

"So I've been told. Who are you beautiful ladies?" He asked as he sipped his drink never breaking his eyes off Rose. Rose was having a hard time speaking but she regained her composure quickly.

"Well I'm Rose and this here is Yvette." She said as she took her hand out for him to shake it. He looked at her with on a smile on his eyes and he took her hand in his and instead of shaking it he lifted up to give her a light kiss on her hand.

Oh good one John!

I saw Rose's cheeks turn a hot pink and I couldn't stop smirking at this cute encounter unfolding in front of me.

"Hey, I see you met the man of the hour. John this is Yvette— Shawn started to say as he walked in whatever Rose and John had going on.

"Yes, we just all met buddy. Such beautiful ladies you invited tonight." John said as he went to throw his arm over Shawn and bringing him in.

He smiled at me, and I returned the smile, he then went to greet Rose who honestly seemed to be lost in her own world or mentally fucking John already. I judged her and she came back too.