Epilogue

Its been two years since that night in my apartment in Brooklyn.

The night we both equally broke each others heart.

After we went our separate ways, Shawn went back home to Toronto and I was a flight to Paris.

The news broke a few weeks later about our break up, the media depicted it as best as they could.

When interviewers asked Shawn about it, all he ever said was that we were just in two different paths in our career but the love and respect always will remain.

Which was true, I could never hate him for his choice and I always made sure when I was asked about the break up that I made that clear as well because I knew he would be watching.

Of course I was heartbroken and devastated, but it was a mutual understanding.

We never really crossed path at events, so it became easy not seeing him publicly.

But he was everywhere, especially now with his new world tour coming up for his fourth album.

The album that had two of four songs he recorded when we were dating and everyone knew was about me. At first when I heard the songs, I was overpowered by so many memories and emotions that I tried so hard to bury in the back.

Hearing his voice and the lyrics it all broke me down because as much as much as I hated to admit it, I still was in love with him but I never admitted it to a single soul.

But we were in different places in our life, he had his upcoming tour and me I had my modeling which is why I lived in Paris for the past year.

But here I am,

In Toronto.

Standing in front of his door with all these emotions flooding over me.

Why was I here?

Well when news broke of him cancelling last minute on a performance I knew something wasn't right.

News media outlets began to speculate that he might be having some form of a breakdown before his fourth sold out world tour and how he was once again being pushed into the spot light after he only took a year break.

So when I saw the entertainment news coverage of him cancelling last minute along with the manufactured post on his Instagram story explaining the reason, I just knew something wasn't right.

So after a 9 hour red eye, and a bunch of coffee and writing everything I would say if and when he opened the door. But now that I am here, I literally forgot about everything and all the confidence I built up has now crumbled away.

"Come on Yvette, you came all this way. To late to backdown now." I whispered to myself as I adjust myself and take a deep breath.

I rang the doorbell and I felt my heart racing rapidly, almost about to come out of my throat.

I silently pray he wouldn't be home, only because I was terrified of his reaction.

I heard the lock of his door unlock and the door opened,

I held my breath in sheer panic.

When the door opened fully it was his sister Aaliyah at the door.

She was tall, just like her brother and gorgeous.

"Hello. How can I help you?" She said turning to face my direction.

She looked at me once over before realizing who I was.

A huge smile came over her face,

"Yvette? Wow. I never thought I would ever meet you." She said giving me a small hug that caught me off guard entirely.