Expectations

I was sound asleep when I heard Shawn shuffling around the room.

I didn't want to wake up just yet so I grew to ignore it and turned back over to my side and I drifted back to sleep.

It took maybe a few moments before I felt his arms around me, kissing my hair and inhaling my scent of my hair.

"What are you doing weirdo?" I asked clearing my throat.

"I enjoy your scent. It's hypnotic." He said squeezing me toward him more.

I sighed and I relaxed reluctantly.

"I want to sleep more." I said biting on his arm jokingly.

He pulled me in and he kissed me neck making me moan lowly.

"Did you think about our conversation?" He asked making me turn sideways to face his jaw.

"I like living here. This is my home." I said kissing his jaw.

I really wanted to rest so I just try to soften the moment because I knew this would end up badly otherwise because I didn't want to move and I wasn't going too.

"Don't try to sweet talk your way or distract me with those lips." He said looking down at me with a straight face.

He touched my cheek, running his fingers over my lower lip.

"I don't wanna fight. Please, but I'm not leaving here this is my place Shawn. My apartment, my own. What if I asked you to leave your condo? Majority of your exes know exactly where you live song with your fans." I said moving out of our embrace and sitting Indian style in front of him.

He sat up and moved to lean his back on my headboard. He looked at me and he was dead serious.

"Yvette there is a huge difference. He hurt you more then once and he could've killed you! Your alone here and I would have to take a plane to get to you." He said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"So you move here, If your so worried! I'll be fine Shawn I'm a big girl. You making me sound like a damsel in distress. I'm not asking you to be here. I'm aware of what he could've done to me! I was the one in the situation, nobody else." I said trying to control my voice, as I was already starting to fume in frustration.

"Lower your voice Yvette. I worry because I care, I love you so I can't imagine anything like that happening to you. Him doing anything to you might make me lose my mind. Can you just move babe please?" He said looking at me while running his hands threw his hair.

"I'm.NOT.moving Shawn. Move here to LA then." I said folding my arms across my chest.

"I can't Yvette. I have my fami— He quickly stopped catching himself.

He shot a sad glance at me, before reaching for my hand but I quickly moved it away as I turned around and got off the bed in a hurry.

He got up following behind me as I walked down the small hallway and into the living room and going to the kitchen.

"Babe, I didn't mean it like that. You know that." He said trying to reach for me but I turned to face him so quickly giving myself whiplash.

"No. That hurt. Seriously. I get it ok I don't have family here and it might be important to you but to me it is. This is my home! It's mines. Not yours, nor Antonio, mines. This is my sanctuary, after the last place was tarnished. I work hard for what I have Shawn, just like you do. Now it might not measure up to yours but this is my happy place, mines. You can't ask me to up and leave a life I built for myself after all the trauma I went through to try to find myself. I don't have the money to just pick up and start over somewhere else or something else. This. This is my home and I would've pictured it maybe be yours someday when you do come to LA but I guess you can just keep staying in your huge Air bnbs." I said feeling the tears cornering my eyes.

Shawn looked at me and he knew he pushed to hard. He remained straight face and his eyebrows furrowed over.

"I'm sorry babe. Your right. I shouldn't have said that like that. But I am just trying to look out for your best interest. I just hate that I can't protect you or be with you when I'm gone." He said looking at the ground and eyeing the tiles.

"So you would feel much better if I just packed my stuff and did what? Move to Toronto to be with you? For you to keep an eye on me? That would make you feel like I was well protected? Being with you?" I asked folding my arms and eyeing him so strongly.

He looked me in my eyes. "Yes. If you want me to be honest. I want you to move to Toronto so we can be closer together." He said now folding his arms and meeting my gaze.

"You are one selfish fuck. You know that? You want me to move to accommodate you? Are you lost in the head!" I was yelling now and I didn't care.

"Don't call me selfish." He said his tone growing louder.

"Then don't be selfish." I said lowering my tone.

He turned and he walked away from the situation and he went into the bed room.

I followed behind him, were not done.
He got me started when I was trying to avoid this whole situation and now he got mad at me!

I got to the room and he was putting his shirt on and his jeans before he faced me to walk out.

"So your leaving?" I asked standing in front of him with my arms still folded.

"Yvette get out of my way." He said eyeing me.

"Oh so now your leaving? You don't like being called selfish right after you told me you wanted me to move to accommodate you." I said poking at his ego.

He huffed and he looked at me.

"Move." He said.

"What your gonna hurt me too now?" I asked knowing I pushed his nerve.

I knew he would never.

"Are you serious?! Your going to categorize me with that mistake you dated! Don't you dare, it's not my fault you chose dickheads to date." He said trying it move me a little.

That hurt.

That was my breaking point.

I moved out the way for him to pass.

"Yeah. You don't say. DICKHEAD!" I yelled the last part with my whole chest.

He looked at me with his jaw clenched and then he disappeared into the small hall that led to the front door.

I heard his shuffling and he grabbed his keys and I heard the front door slam behind him.

I bit the side of my cheek, and I felt the tears coming out.

Not today Yvette!

Not today.

I threw myself on my bed and I started kicking and screaming into my pillow.

Don't chase him.

But he chased me all those times.

I should t give up just because he ran this time.

He wants you to move for him!

He is worried.

He's still wrong!

I laid in my bed and I cried till I fell asleep.