Why Don't They Kiss In The End?

"Guys, come on, this play isn't going to act itself!" Will stood on stage, looking completely in her element as she bossed people around. It seemed that when she really got into it, her shyness evaporated and she could suddenly talk to all of them freely, even Flash. MJ had smacked him over the head to make him apologise for what he had said at the nurse's office and Will simply ignored it with a slight nod before continuing. Looking at the script though, they were all impressed by her work and could see why she wanted to get them started so early, even when they weren't due to perform the play until their second term.

The play was about a girl who had lived in Britain for years with her best friend, Thomas Rolland. After sometime though, her father had come to take her and she ended up being the leader of his Mafia after he was murdered, under the name Black Rose. She was a ruthless queenpin, as she liked to call herself, and yet, she lived a double life as a detective. Eventually, a new rookie, Tom, joined in and became her partner as they tried to crack the case of the mysterious Black Rose. She continued to give him the wrong information until one day, at a masquerade ball for the wealthiest, dirtiest of the upper class, he realised that she was the queenpin and his childhood best friend.

Police started to come in and in the midst of the chaos, with people running and gunshots firing, they looked at each other. She got shot on the shoulder and he took her into his car, driving them to the seaport. When he noticed police coming, he pretended to shoot her in the head and her body fell into the sea. He helped her get a boat and they looked at each other for one last time before she kissed his cheek and left. Every year he went to the port and dropped a black rose there, many thought it was because she was his best friend before she died and sympathised with him but he did it because he knew it always disappeared with a date written on the wood in black ink. The date that they would meet again.

"What the hell, why don't they kiss in the end?!" MJ's head whipped to Gwen Stacey, as did those of practically everyone else there. The girl had never said a curse word in her life, even the word hell was wrong in her book. She was balancing some books, wires and pom poms in her hands while holding the script. MJ nearly gagged as she imagined kissing a random guy in front of the entire school. She was glad they didn't kiss. It would be some time before she discovered that Peter was playing the part of Tom, chosen by Will because of his astonishingly perfect British accent which she heard on her way to lunch one day. When MJ found out, she didn't even want to kiss him on the cheek or have anything to do with him, since they hadn't spoken in weeks after the incident. She still felt bad for saying all she had said but she was too scared to tell him. However, presently, Gwen was trying to balance her things on her arm and MJ could tell that they were going to fall if no one helped her. Resisting the urge to trip the girl, she took some of the books so she could drop everything else. Gwen took a deep breath and panted, "Thank you."

"No problem. You're in all my four clubs, plus cheerleading to make yours five and I'm not surprised that you can't balance the work-" she stopped when she saw the frown on Gwen's face. "What I meant was, I bet you can do it. I wouldn't even mind helping, you really. Though with me being the lead, for some stupid reason Wilhelmina, I don't know if I'll be able to balance my own clubs."

"You're the lead? Wow, that's amazing! You'll do great, I bet." She smiled a forced smile and Gwen noticed the rigidity but she beamed right back. It wasn't exactly friendship yet, but it was a start. Packing her dreadlocks into a bun to join a ginger called Harry, she stopped when she felt an arm around her waist. She turned to see Flash flashing his teeth, holding MJ captive with his other arm.

"Aww, my two hot girls are finally getting along." MJ sent a small nod her way and she returned it with a mischievous grin before they both elbowed him in the ribs. He held his stomach, groaning and Gwen bounced over to Harry. Harry was pretty strange, no doubt.