Have a Shitty Christmas

MJ whistled a tune to herself as she made it up in her head, smiling down at her phone as Peter gazed at her, letting out a yawn. "May I ask why I'm awake at eight am, amor?"

She paused momentarily at the nickname but she pushed it away quickly, muttering something about how annoying it was to be so easily affected by him. He sent her wink which proved he had heard her and she resisted the urge to smack him through the phone, slowly saying, "well... I know we haven't seen each other in days..."

"Which was my fault, honestly." His words at the park had caused her to withdraw a little from him and it frightened him to no end. For the first couple of days after, she didn't really acknowledge his texts and when she finally did, she only agreed to talk on the condition that they put his confession behind them. Although this wasn't an easy feat for Peter as he instantly began to overthink and imagine she didn't like him, he was also glad to agree because it was a very strange thing to blurt out on the first date after about two years or so of friendship.

"Well, anyway, it's Christmas-" the look on his face made her stop and stare. He sat up, looking so overjoyed at the thought that his eyes could have been stars and she would have been unable to tell the difference. She chuckled a little, curious as to whether he would like her surprise. She looked down so she could brush down the sleek material of her dress, her eyes returning to the screen when Peter began to ramble.

"I can't believe it's Christmas right now- I have to wish everyone Merry Christmas- hear that? Everyone! I have friends, plural, MJ!" She giggled, slightly flustered when he added, "I really wish you were here, though. You could watch me rant about how much I love the holidays in person."

"Well, actually... That's what I wanted to talk about. Don't look now but there's some random weirdo standing outside your bedroom door, Parkie boy." His eyes widened even more and although she hadn't thought it was possible, it seemed the joy in his eyes doubled after she told him exactly where she was. He beamed at her and dropped his phone on his bed which prompted MJ to roll her eyes over how rudely he had disconnected their face time.

The door flew open and she was about to launch into a lecture on how it was beyond wrong to leave someone hanging like he had but he pulled her into the room quickly. The couple shared a gentle kiss that Peter was quick to intensify because he had missed being so close to her. He slowly pulled away, smiling when he noticed her eyes were still closed. They fluttered open and she let out a timid squeak, muttering a lame excuse of falling asleep mid-kiss because he was way too gentle. That elicited a chuckle from the brunette who gazed at her with a small smile, although she could sense mischief beneath his nonchalant gaze at her.

"How about I pin you against the wall and show you just how ungentlemanly I can be, M?" She let out a soft squeak again, her eyes wide and her shoulders tense. He wrapped his arms around her wrists, raising her balled fists to his cheeks. She relaxed and he placed her hands on both sides of his face. She rose an eyebrow when he kept staring at her face, still holding onto her wrists with no intention of letting go just so he could feel the warmth of her palms against his face.

"What's going on, Peter?"

"Nothing. I just... missed you. I've really missed you." She swallowed down another squeak and pecked his nose, smiling when he turned into a blushing mess. He had not expected that to be her response at all but he loved it, anyway.

"D'you like my Christmas gift, Pete?" May asked as she walked into the room, her hands over her eyes.

"Aunt May? What are you doing, exactly?"

"Hey, don't give me that tone. You two are eighteen. It's now officially legal for you to have sex and I refuse to walk in on that." Peter looked absolutely horrified and immediately turned to MJ to apologise for his aunt's behaviour but she beat him to it as she spoke to his aunt, a wicked grin on her face and a devilish sparkle in her eyes that gave him goosebumps.