Note to God 03

NTG 03

Chapter 3

He kept drawing circles and smileys on the sand and smiled as he erased it only to draw another one. He has his slip ons lying neatly on his side and his beautiful beach hat that he was able to fill with shells that he collected a few hours ago while he was strolling along the shore.

He smiled feeling the coldness of the wind through his face. He couldn't help but to feel elated knowing that he was on his dream island. He can't believe that his parents, coach and doctor would even let him go for a vacation alone. Well not really alone since his parents only allowed him if he will let his nanny tag along.

"Khun Noo, come now inside. It's cold and you need to take your medicines" his Nanny wrapped him with a warm blanket and hugged him for a while. Saint looked up and smiled at the old lady who had been with him since he was a baby. She was someone who had proven her love to him through the years that she became more than just a nanny to him.

"One more hour Nana" He held unto the edge of the blanket, holding it tightly against his body. Appreciating the warmness and comfort it gave him.

"You go and rest now Nana. I promise to take my meds before I sleep"

Saint looked at the old lady's retreating back and once again appreciated her. If it wasn't for her, her life would be twenty times harder. He had been more appreciative this past few months. He needed to. No! He wanted to.... that even a single sand that happened to be clinging into his hands had been dusted off carefully by him.

"You all belong here and not somewhere else" Saint said as tears started to flow on his face again. How he wished he could just stay there. Be with his family and friends and at least do the sport that he really wanted to grow old doing.

It has been only a day but he already missed the ice. Like the coldness of the wind that night he wanted to feel the ice once more. He wanted to dance to another music. Maybe do a few more loops and jumps and perform another spiral.

But Saint knew that the performance he did yesterday was the last one. No one knew, but he did. Saint knew it was his last....

His sob grew louder as he let his frustrations take him. After all, he was alone in that long and almost abandoned shore and he loves the fact that he was alone. As the lights on some cottages flickers off one at a time, Saint was reminded once again of the precious days that are coming. It had been months that he haven't cried that loud, the last one was when he found out that he was dying.

No matter how he hated the fact that one day he won't be breathing again. That one day, he too will turn into a single grain of sand.... unseen and forgotten, he was still thankful that he was given enough time to do the things that he wanted.

Yes, Saint was grateful but still.... it taunts him. Dreading the day of his death knowing he won't be able to see his family and friends. How would they feel knowing that he won't be there to be with them any longer? Saint could only sigh with regret. Feeling rather sorry, knowing his demise will probably hurt the people he love more than himself.

He does felt betrayed and it did hurt him. But Saint learned to accept it. It is hard but he needed to.

He was dying and no one can stop that.

Saint wiped his tears away and decided to call it a night. As he stood up he instantly fell back down to the sand where he sat for hours.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed as he held unto his aching head and gasped as he felt the familiar pain shot through his whole being. He twisted on the sand feeling again the pain that tormented him for almost a year now.

"Nana" He faintly called as he gritted his teeth trying to suppress the unbearable pain.

"Nana...." He called once more but no one came.

"Someone. Please help me" his voice grew thinner as the wind rushed and the sound of the waves clashing to each other grew louder.

"Help" He called once again before another shot of pain came making him scream in agony.

He couldn't take it anymore. His face were already full of tears and sand and his hair was all messed up.

Saint was about to pass out from the pain but then he felt someone hovered over him. Pulling him up and carrying him. His sight became blurry as the pain worsened. It was a faint silhouette yet the stranger looked very familiar....

"Hey are you ok? What happened to you?" the stranger asked shaking him, trying his best to make the other respond.

"My me.....dicines" his voice trailed off lowly but another scream came out from him when another splitting pain rushed through his head.

"Oh my god! What's going on?" He heard a familiar voice only just then Saint knew that he was safe, for now.... as he fainted, deeply exhausted on the strangers arms.

------

[a/n---- I know I know. *tissues ]