Note to God 07

Final Chapter

Chapter 7

It was on that late afternoon, at exactly two weeks before their anniversary when things started to get drastically changed for the worst.

For the whole week Saint weakly lay on his hospital bed with tubes and IV's sticking out of his arms. It was his only way to somehow gain strength as he already have not enough will to even make himself to eat and drink.

Perth didn't left his side. Not even for a single minute.

He was indeed his life and his strength to keep going and he knew if it wasn't for Perth he would probably let himself go.

Saint have always kept his words the promise he knew he cannot really fulfill but was trying really hard to keep.

That no matter how weak he was or how the pain almost became unbearable, he held on.
He have to... for him.

---

Saint weakly smiled as he brought his hands up to caress his cheek. Trailing his small thinning fingers through the smoothness of his cheek. Oh how he begged for a little bit more time just to be with him, a little more strength to do simple things to make him happy, maybe enough strength to cook him a light breakfast or dinner or just make him an afternoon tea. It was the night before their first year anniversary.

He wanted to give him something special. Ask him for a dinner date, stroll around the park and just spend an anniversary date like how normal couples would but Saint knew he couldn't. He knew he wouldn't allow him either but he understands. The fact that a simple effort from him to move his body was so exhausting that the person who will always ends up worrying was Perth, made him having second thoughts of doing it.

He was on his bed as well, as both cuddled together. Just loving the moment that they're close with each other. Just lying down together has been developed as a habit for both. They wouldn't really do anything more but to caress each other faces and whisper to each other both loving words, phrases and adoration, He would do it nonstop and Saint would hang on just until his sleepiness would take him.

"Perth!" his head snap to face Saint. He looked into his eyes and caressed his cheeks. Something he really love doing, he then wonder how he will even survive living if ever he won't be able to have that porcelain cheeks to caress anymore.
.
"Hmm?" He shortly replied. Not wanting to even think of the future anymore. A future where he knew there was no Saint for him to love. Would it be a life worth living? He knew it's not.

"I love you" Saint said with tears in his eyes, he leaned forward, weakly capturing his lips. The soft kisses they shared, the hugs and caresses were few of the things he will surely miss. Yet he didn't really care much about it. He just wanted him. Saint, no one and nothing else.

"I love you so much" Perth replied. Pressing his lips in response, he was so careful, a slight miscalculated suck might hurt the other although he knew he wouldn't really care.

"I know" Saint smiled, sniffed and snuggled into the crook of his neck. Liking the very space he knew was created for him to fit in. Somewhere he felt safe and cared.

"Get yourself a good wife ok? Someone fitting" He kissed his neck softly. An act of care he really appreciates and loves another thing he would surely miss about this pretty boy. But why is he even thinking of losing him now? He shook his head hating himself for a moment for even thinking of letting Saint go.

He never wanted to. Not now....

"Saint you know you're lazy. You can never be a good wife" he chuckled wiping his own tears away. He needed to be strong for him. He knew Saint would not like it seeing him cry. Holding back his sob was hard but acting happy and hopeful was even more difficult. It leaves him exhausted and frustrated.