If We Could 03

Chapter 3.

Saint walked like a zombie towards his own car as soon as his last class was dismissed. He had not gotten over the information that was supplied to him the other day. He deeply heaved a breath and sat on his car just thinking and cursing life.

"Fuck!!! Why?!" Saint cursed. Finally convinced that he was seriously hated by all the Gods above.

He will be having his music class again tomorrow and he will be going to meet that guy again. Despite what he knew, Saint couldn't help but to agree with everyone. That Perth was indeed a fine ass man, too pleasing to look at.

Yesterday, he had spent the remaining hours before 6 in the afternoon just watching him play soccer. Saint wondered why seeing Perth ran around with his friends, throwing an occasional smile made his day. It was probably the fact that at least, he was seeing him genuinely smiling. Unlike himself who wasn't able to do so for what seemed like century. Saint could not even remember when was the last time that he did. Probably before his family's relationship went haywire.

Saint ignited his engine and drove away from the parking lot and stopped on the road beside the soccer field. He had then decided to stay for an hour or two and watch him play again. That was probably a better idea than going home and watch your parents fighting or listen to your perfect older brother brag how good he is in micro biology.

Saint took a long hit on his cigarette and continued to watch as the soccer team play roughly against each other. His attention always going back to that same boy he knew existed but not knowing.

Perth huffed and looked at his wrist.

"You going now P?" Mean asked, the way Perth kept glancing every minute on his wrist watch meant that it was already time for his every day I-need-to-go-moment.

Perth hesitated before nodded in response. "I'm sorry Mean. I'll be here an hour early again" he explained earning an understanding nod from his friend. Their captain just patted his back and shoved him to go before he change his mind and stopped his friend from him nonsense.

Perth quickly ran towards their locker room, changed into a comfortable clean shirt and ran back towards the entrance of the school. He stood for a little while, waiting for the bus to come in view but after five minutes, no bus came.

Glancing again on his wrist for the time, Perth smiled wearily, wondering if he has enough time to get to Tar. Finally deciding that walking on the far corner where another bus might pass is a good alternative. Perth started to walk.

With his soccer bag on his right shoulder, school books on the left and a small water jug on his hand he find it rather difficult walking without grunting in effort. He admits he had been losing weight but then he was trying... really trying hard to live his life. He then wondered how Tar was doing? Oh he knew quiet well that the boy was probably worrying his ass out just waiting for him every day. The least thing he could do was to be there on time.

*beeep beep!

Perth almost jumped from the side where he was walking when he heard the beep. It was obvious that it meant to get his attention and when he stopped to look who it was, he made a surprised squeak.

It was the new boy from the other day. The boy from the music class as well.

"Hi" the boy beamed at him as if he had known him for a lifetime.

"Umm...hi" Perth greeted back with so much awkwardness Saint regretted even getting his attention.

"I'm not sure if you know me...." Saint started, hitting the clutch as Perth started walking again, obviously trying to get away from him.