If We Could 01

If We Could

Chapter 1

The university soccer team was on the last hour of their soccer practice and everyone was running tired and annoyed. Their captain has been working them out so well that their knees were already shaking a bit.

Perth yelled for Mark as he tried another instep kick to long pass the ball to their forward player. Mark immediately took it with gusto, dribbling the ball towards the unsuspecting goal keeper- Tam.

Mean huffed. Rather angry at how the supposed attentive keeper wasn't paying attention as the ball pass right through his side without any form of resistance. In fact, Tam didn't exactly move from his spot and was rather preoccupied by something.

"Ya! What the heck are you doing?" the little anger in the voice managed to get his attention, only to come face to face with the upset captain.

"I.. I'm sorry Mean. I was...." he looked at the direction that caught his attention a while ago and gawked again.

Perth, who was running right after Mark huffed tiredly, palms against his knees and was trying to steady his breathing.

The captain, now a little concerned followed Tam's gaze just in time for the boy to step out of the car. Everyone who had managed to see the incoming expensive car gaped at how the boy looked.

He looked different... just different.

With his jet black hair and white porcelain skin, the boy looked so fragile and yet so tough at the same time. From a far they could still see the dark pupils adoring his eyes and the dark pink almost red lips. He was wearing this black jeans and black shirt and her wrist was all but adorned with black leather straps and silver chains. The tapping of his black combat boots as he walked a few steps away from the car could even be heard.

With him came out a lovely couple, they were so elegant their presence were contrasting to the punk boy beside them.

The boy slowly span around, giving the entire school a thorough look. He shook his head and smugly played with his finger, tapping yet again his boots at the hard asphalt of the road.

"Saint honey... come on" The woman called him and he shrugged, following the couple silently towards the administrative office.

The soccer team looked at each other, intrigued and concerned at the same time.

"We'll at least the transfer student the board was talking about isn't a girl" James shrugged

"He's kinda looked mental. I mean, what do you think is the problem of that one?" Gan asked

"Another reject?" James raised a brow

"Probably. Why here when there's a lot of better schools? Obviously he's well off" Tam added, playing with the ball on his hand

"Well. Looked like he didn't have a choice either like we do"

"Hey! I'm only here because I am poor" James protested

"And I am here because those private schools won't take me..." Mark added, pushing the giggling Kris away

"That's because sooner you managed to get into one of the teacher's skirt" Tam laughed making Mark pout. Precisely giving the main reason why girls can't just get enough of him.

"It's not like it's my fault that I am cute" he grinned

"Aish!" Mean hissed "The point is this is a public school. Everyone is here! So shut up and let's practice. Twenty more full laps then we're off!" " the captain threw the ball at the field, earning continuous painful grunts from his tired friends and team mates.

Perth silently wrapped the white towel he was holding around his neck and hurriedly approached Mean.

He was about to tell his friend something only that Mean raised his hand to stop him. He knew exactly what Perth wanted. In fact, the older guy need not ask anymore because every day of each single year, every 6 o clock in the evening of each and every day for the past 2 years... Perth needed to go.

Friends wouldn't question him anymore. They might not know exactly was he was doing but they knew.

"Go ahead P. But be sure to be here an hour early before practice yeah?" Mean nodded, acknowledging the gratefulness in his friend's eyes.

Perth smiled sadly before nodding in recognition as well, turning around without much to say any more. He knew that they understand.

James who was still standing near them nudged their captain.

"You are not helping him at all you know, allowing him to go doesn't makes it all go away" he shrugged, picking up his own ball, bouncing it back and forth between his two hands

"He needs him. What else could I do?" Mean watches Perth go, waited until he disappeared into their shower and locker room.

"His obsession about him isn't funny anymore Mean. It's troubling and unhealthy. What's good in that?" Kris further commented and walked away, still shaking his head.

It took a while for the team captain to answer that.

"He's at least... happy?"

------- 

[a/n here's another short story I need to share. like and follow me yes? 

tw- tiptoes009/jaedyblisshaven

ig- Tiptoes009]