Chasing You

Chasing You

He blinked, scanning the now empty cold room for another presence he knew would never be there anytime soon. He bit his lower plump lips as he pulled the pillow right next to him, hugging it tighter against his chest and smelled it. As if looking for that particular scent- a scent that was slowly fading as each day passed.

He stayed in that balling position for that whole morning, just imaging himself being cuddled by that one man. A habit he seemed to developed over the past five months- months that seemed to torture him of his absence.

He watched his bedroom door carefully as if waiting for someone to open it. As if waiting for a particular man to peek in there. To welcome his morning with his gorgeous childish smile. But no matter how long he waited, no one came... and Perth Tanapon knew exactly why.

---

There he was kneeling and crying his eyes out for the boy that selfishly took his heart. His white coffin where his body lies was a sight he never wished to have come seeing.

But when that one accident happened. When he was caught between being alive or saving a girl from getting hit by a truck, his choice was to give up his own life and Perth Tanapon was left with nothing either but to let go.

Perth didn't stay alive though. He begged and cried on his feet as if his tears could make the boy wake up from his death. He didn't leave him, not even for a single minute, even when their friends came kneeling in front of him asking him to take a rest.

He wasn't sure how many times he fell sitting on the floor-almost passing out. And yet he didn't care. It was too soon. His death was too soon that Perth couldn't believe that he was gone.

They were supposed to get married and he was supposed to live with him and just be together. But life was cruel indeed. Just when he thought that his life could get better, he left and he was taken away from him.

He was on his silent conversation with him. Telling him how he missed him and how he wanted to be with the boy when a gentle hand softly touch his cheek. The touch was so foreign yet so familiar that Perth almost fell down on the floor from kneeling.

His eyes widened...
"Saint?" he jerked from his trance and hugged his other bestfriend tighter, kissed his cheeks and told him they missed him. And he told him how sorry he was for not taking care of Mark. That Mark had left them both.

Saint didn't pull away. Instead he hugged the crying man tighter, caressing his back to ease and soothe him. With a sob Saint gently squeeze him and told him something that made Perth broke into a loud deafening cry...

"I'm sorry I just came home. I'm sorry I left you both, that I wasn't here when you needed me the most. You were his life Perth. Please... Mark wouldn't want you to be like this"

---

Perth cringed at the memory. He smiled bitterly at how Saint came back for Mark and him. He was there for him ever since that day, comforting him and making sure that he was well and okay. It was as if Mark was there alive and holding him.

But Saint was right. He was different from Mark. The two were the total opposite of each other. From the physical attributes and personality. Mark was shorter, tanner and has a strict but sweet disposition. Saint was taller, whiter and a loving and carefree personality. Mark was gorgeous but Saint was beautiful. He loved Mark with all his heart and yet he loves Saint with whole of his being.

They were bestfriends but they were different and both has managed to steal his heart. Only with Saint, he realized it far too late.

---