Note to God 05

Chapter 5

He knew he wasn't supposed to be there. He knew he wasn't supposed to even care. Yet he found himself phasing back and forth looking really worried for the unconscious boy on the bed which is being tend to by the old lady he had an argument two nights ago.

He wanted to know why, why would the boy scream with pain and for help that much. He knew that it wasn't a simple sickness but he was hoping that whatever it is, it's far from what he was actually thinking.

He wanted to ask the old lady about it but seeing her looking worried as well made Perth to think twice about even bringing up the talk. He saw the old lady assisting a nurse to put an IV on Saint's hand and waited for a few minutes before injecting another medicine into him.

He sat on the couch helplessly and dipped his heavy hurting head in between his two hands as he groan a little in frustration.

"Don't worry he's ok he didn't take his medicines on time that's why he had an.... attack" the old lady assured him, maybe sensing his discomforts.

Perth looked up and stared at the old ladies back. She didn't even looked back. It's as if she was trying to hide the fact that the boy was sick.

"No he's not ok" he hissed as he stood up but could not really find the courage to walk towards her.

The old lady look flustered. She smiled knowing that somehow the young star was not really that bad guy after all.

"I'm telling you that he is, no need to be that tense" The old lady smirked then proceeded into covering Saint's lower body with his blanket. The old lady's nonchalance seemed to made him angrier.

"Aren't we going to bring him to a hospital?" Perth said. Couldn't really get why the old lady seemed ok to what was happening. The lady shook her head in response.

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong with him or i'm gonna force it out of you?" he hissed again.

"No, You have no right to know and I have no right to tell you either" she calmy answered. Finally facing the younger kid.

"Nana!" Perth impatiently stood tall in front of the old lady, his eyes threatening the other.

"Nana, please leave... I will tell him myself" a small weak voice came from behind making both looked back from where they were standing. The old lady nodded and gave Perth a distasteful look before going completely out of the room.

-------------------------------

Perth couldn't tell if he was to believe what he just heard. The truth wouldn't sink in, or maybe he was still in denial. His dreadful walk from Saint's cottage back to his own took him more time than the usual. It's as if each step he took away from him was like a knife that cuts deep into him making him believe that he was dying.

It only took them fives days of meetings, 4 nights of having dinner together and one day for him to realize how valuable life is. No, he only think it is valuable because he have met Saint. He was falling in love, despite knowing the other's end. He was falling fast with all the reason to stop but couldn't. For the first time after a year he was finally falling in love but unlike those love stories he knew there won't be a happy ending for them.

He sat lifelessly on the bench outside his porch. His eyes fixed on a wide window on the cottage right next to his. There he saw him, still on bed and was peacefully sleeping.

His eyes widened feeling his own tears flows out of his eyes. The eyes that remained cold and emotionless for such a long time.

His fingers wiped it away as he looked at his own wet hands. He was crying? He shook his head not really believing that he was, but opposite of what he wanted his eyes continued to release tears.... one after another... it annoyed him yet he like the feeling of crying for him.