Chapter 17

This one's for you, illustrious_joy. Don't think I forgot you!

“October where are you?”Aaron murmured.
He had just come from the ladies'room. He even had to enter into it but October wasn't there. He gave a sigh of relief when he saw her sitting on the bar stool,her head on the counter. He walked towards her and tapped her. She groaned.

“Go away, idiot.” she mumbled. Aaron scoffed. Her breath reeked of alcohol. Kcee had let her drink. He picked up her bag.

“It's me, let's go.”Aaron sat her straight.
“I told you not to drink.”Aaron scolded her as he helped her stand and put her hand over his shoulder.“Where's your phone?”

“In my pocket.”she mumbled. He led her to the door. As they were walking out,she bumped into Damien who was coming in.

“Hey!”she yelled, slapping his head.“Can't you see,or has chewing gum blocked your vision,eh?”

Aaron rolled his eyes.

“Why did Kcee let her drink?”Damien asked.

“Is it your business?”October slurred on.

“Shoot! I forgot my wallet.”Aaron face palmed himself.“Can you please help me with her? The car is around the building.”
Without waiting for an answer, Aaron put October on Damien and gave him his car keys. He walked back into the club.

“Can we?”Damien asked October.

“I can go by myself.”October began to walk into the road. Damien shook his head sideways and drew her out of the road. He began to pull her around the block.

“Help! Help! Kidnapper!”October shouted at the top of her lungs.
When they got to the car, Damien unlocked the car and let her go.

“Get in.” he instructed.

“You don't know how to treat a woman. See as you were pulling me. What if you pulled off my arm?”

“As if.”he whispered. She pulled his head down by his ear.

“You don't have respect,abi?”she shouted. Damien's ear hurt. He took her hand away and gripped it.

“You want to die?”he asked her. There was shock on her face. He let her go and sighed. She slowly fell to the ground, squatting. Damien rubbed her temples before he began to hear sobs.

“Are you - crying?” he asked, confused. She didn't even answer. He scoffed and rested on the car.“Don't embarrass me, October.”

She began to cry louder. He sighed, feeling guilty. He looked up at the sky,then at her. She looked hopeless. That was when his eyes fell on her legs. The gown she was wearing was short so as she was squatting,it rose to her mid thigh. He looked around. There was a man on his car,not far away, staring. Damien gave him a death glare before he took off his jacket and covered her legs.

“It's your fault.”He heard her mumble.“I was living my life, until you had to put your big head into the picture;And now you have the audacity,the effontery,to call me poor,eh?Who wants to marry you?”

Damien smirked.
Just then,Aaron showed up.
“Thanks.”he rose the wallet.“Found it on the pool bar counter.”
Damien nodded and gave him the car keys.

“Help!Help!”October yelled lamely as Aaron helped her up.“ Sir,”she called a man who came out of he club to throw away trash.“Sir, help me. These two boys are fighting for me. I don't want them. I want Ebube!” She yelled. The man stared at her,shook his head sideways and walked away.

Aaron opened the door to the passenger side and tried to help her in when she hit her head on the door jamb. She held onto it and got in.

“Enemy of progress.”She murmured.

“See you when I see you?”Aaro asked Damien.

“Sure.” Damien nodded. Aaron got into the driver's seat and started the car before he drove off.