Chapter 51

October halted the moment she felt Damien's grip on her arm. She turned to him immediately. She yanked her arm away but his grip was strong. He wouldn't let go.

"What's going on with you?" Damien asked. That was when he remembered that she was not a fan of locked or tight places. His gaze softened as he sighed. He drew her immediately and she landed in his embrace. She froze instantly.

"It's okay." He patted her hair. Somehow, she felt better. It was actually helping to distract her from everything else. Her breathing got better and she calmed down. She wasn't alone after all. The place wasn't that small after all. She took deep breaths before she regained herself. What was wrong with her? This was Damien holding her. She slowly pulled herself away from his hold and looked straight into his eyes.

Damien stared at her. What did she want to do? Apologize?

"Never touch me again." Her voice was bold.

Hold that thought. She was still angry. Damien sighed. At least she wasn't yelling. He faked a smile.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for threatening you with your job."

October scoffed.
"So what? And so what Damien? What do you expect now? You think everything is going to be okay now? I can't believe I ever even felt anything for you. Now I despise you. I regret working for you. All you do is make a fool out of everyone."

"Are you serious? I'm not the one that went around telling people I would dump you again if I had the chance to date you."

"Well, forgive me for responding because your girlfriend was blabbing about her having you," October laughed sarcastically. "Or rather owning you." She rolled her eyes. "So is this what that was all about? Revenge?" She folded her arms. "What do I expect from someone like you anyways? You have always been the callous and egotistical one, right from secondary school."

Damien raked a hand through his thick curly hair.
"All this, how I am to you, is all your fault."

"Of course, throw the blame on me." October faked a smile.

"You left me at that altar. You ruined me. So what did you want me to do when I returned? Be your friend?" He took a step towards her. "Like you?" He closed the gap between them. October took a step backwards. He looked angry. "You had no idea, did you?"

October couldn't say anything. No words were coming to her.

"I liked you October. I always did. But like you always did, you took me for a fool. I was rude to your best friend in school because the first time you actually talked to me, was because you wanted to set me up with her. I was happy we were going to get married later on, but you shamed me. You left. And as you did, everything I felt for you went along too. So now, I guess you're not the only one who gets to despise someone." He licked his lips. "You know what? I'm not even sorry I did what I did to you. You were right. I was always the callous one."

October scoffed. Was he bipolar or something?
"Knowing this," She smiled. "Doesn't still make me like you." He thought he could be the rude one and get away with it. "You chose Jessica; you chose to defend her."

"Come back to work."

"I hate you." October didn't even want to hear anything he offered.

"Shut up, October." Damien warned her.

"Excuse me?" She put her both hands on her waist.

"No matter how many times you say you dislike me, I know you're lying. If you think you're not, look me in the eyes and say it."

October took a defying step towards him and looked into his eyes, refusing to let them distract her.
"I- hate-"

Her words were cut short when she felt his lips on hers immediately. It took her by surprise and she tried to free herself but he didn't let go, so she just let him kiss her.