Chapter 5

“At least you know how October was feeling now, and she was just eighteen.” Leslie said to Aaron as he lay on Aaron's bed.

“Speaking of the witch,” Lawrence started, throwing the tennis ball he was with on the wall, “How is she?”

“Better. She's working at Aunt Claudia's hotel.” Aaron said joining them on the bed.

“Damn." Lawrence caught the ball as it flew back towards him. He sat up and grinned. "Does Damien know?"

“Not yet. He shouldn't be back in Abuja till.... oh wait.” Aaron paused. “He'll be back tomorrow.” Aaron said.

“Then he has to know from me." Lawrence said.

“Must you be a pocket mouth? 'Amebo' (Talkative).” Leslie told him.

“Talk again and I will force this ball into your mouth. Don't you have respect for your seniors?” Lawrence asked.

“Technically, we're twins. So what respect?” Leslie asked.

“Well I came out of the womb before you.” Lawrence said.

“No you don't know that.” Leslie argued.

“I do.” Lawrence said.

“Mum refused to tell us, dad refused to tell us, Aaron refused to tell us, and even October. Now I see exactly why.”

“I have the feeling that I'm older, and also the smart one.”

“Oh, so what does that make me?” Leslie asked.

“A toilet of shit.” Lawrence answered.

Leslie opened his mouth to say something back but shut it.

“You know what? Back to our former topic of discussion.” Leslie said. "Our sister may feel like killing someone from tomorrow onwards. Damien's not going to let her near his family or anything of his. He won't allow her to work in his hotel without making her life miserable. Who knows if he still holds a grudge?”

“Let's pray he never finds out.” Aaron added. “He has things to do. He hardly goes to the hotel.”

There was a knock on the door before it flung open.

“Aaron.” The hefty man standing outside the door called Aaron.

“Kcee, you're supposed to wait for him to say ‘come in’ first.” Lawrence said.

“Oh.” Kcee's deep voice sounded. “Sorry.” The huge man continued. “Your father is asking for you.” He said to Aaron.

“I'm going to be there in a few minutes.”

“He needs you now.” Kcee said.

Aaron sighed before he stood up and walked out, following Kcee out of the room to his father's study.

“I call dibs on Kcee next week Tuesday.” Lawrence said, raising his hand.

“Why?” Leslie asked.

“I need him to beat up some punks at school.” Lawrence answered.

“He's the family bodyguard, not an assassin, you idiot.”

                        **********

“So this is how we split your 200k (Two hundred thousand).One hundred for rent, fifty for food and supplies for us, twenty for clothes and thirty for me.” Olivia started.

“You're insane.” October said and quickly said ‘God forbid’ lowkey after realising what she had said.

“Both of us are in this together. If I'm insane, you're insane too.”Olivia said.

“How does my salary benefit you seeing as you're not doing the job with me? You did not even separate any savings for me in that plan of yours.” October said.

“Okay, that's true. Then,” Olivia snapped her fingers. “Ten for your clothes, ten for your savings.”

“It seems like as those salon women were combing your hair today, they combed away your sense of reasoning.” October told her.

“It's the both of us.” Olivia said.

Just then, Peppy walked into the room. The both of them had their mouths hung open immediately.
There were bloodstains on her shirt!

She just moved to her bed and threw herself on it. October cleared her throat and shifted uncomfortably on her bed.

Olivia began to whistle.
“Come and see,
  Abuja wonder,
  Abuja wonder oh,
  Come and see Abuja wonder...” Olivia was singing before October slapped her on her arm.