Chapter 25

@Anitagomerez,@switzino217@JeddieK@favournwokolo

"Good morning." October greeted as she stopped at the counter. October smiled at her.

"What happened yesterday? I heard the guest in room 2..." Mary was saying.

"Do I pay you two to gossip?"
They both heard a voice.

October recognized it instantly; So did Mary as she bent her head and dropped October's keys on the counter. October felt a grip on her hand as she picked up her keys. The next thing she knew was that she was making her way to the elevator. She turned to look at Damien but he didn't say anything. He just looked at the elevator doors.

"Sir..." She began, but paused when she noticed his frown. The ride became awkwardly quiet.

After some seconds, the elevator stopped and the doors opened again. Damien walked out and October followed. He opened the door to his second office on the second floor, waited for her to enter the room, walked in sand shut the door with a loud bang. He began to pace back and forth. He stopped after some seconds and raked his hand through his hair, standing in front of her.

"Do you have any idea how worried you made me?" He asked and October rose an eyebrow.
"I mean," He licked his lips, "What happened can taint the image of this hotel."

"Oh. So that's what you're worried about?" She asked and bit her lower lip. She didn't mean to say it out loud. Of course,what did she expect from a rude person like him? "Well, if it would make you feel better, the news didn't travel out of the building."

"It had better not. I expect you to be stable so no breaks for you." Damien said. October's frown turned into a scowl. Was he being serious?

"You're dismissed. And get me the boxes I left for you. Get me Kennedy on your way back." He ordered.

"Sir..." She started but paused when he took his gaze away and looked at his laptop. "O gini bu inha? Am I his P.A? Am I his maid?"

"Since I pay you, you are. And you are in big trouble for avoiding my calls."Damien said. She mentally face palmed I herself. She hadn't realized how that she said that out loud.

"Oh, so you think you are rude, eh?"She muttered and nodded. "Okay." She turned and walked to the door. She turned back to look at him, took off her left white Nike canvas, threw it at him and ran out.

Damien sighed and shook his head. Indeed, something was wrong with October Obiakor.

A/N
Sorry for the long wait.... School and all. Thank you al for the votes and comments. They make my day. I'll try harder to update on time.

1)O gini bu inha? - What is this?