Chapter 79

"I still don't get why you refused to go home, OC." Aaron said as he held the door open for October. She scoffed and walked into his house.

"Well, I accepted his apology, I forgave him, I decided to come back home— but that "home" does not mean that "house" I once called home. Dad will probably want me to live close by since I refused to go back there, but we'll keep that issue for later. " She said and he shut the front door after her. "Right now I just want to sleep."

"So what? You've 50 percent accepted dad?" They walked through the foyer leading to the living room.

"Look who's talking, you have your own house and you don't stay at the mansion. Do you 50 percent not accept dad too?"

Aaron shrugged.
"True." He halted as soon as he got to the living room. "Yeah, by the way, I invited Damien over today."

"What?" October almost went ballistic. "Are you for real?"

"What? He wants to talk."

"After he ditched me at the gala last night?"

"He wants to explain why."

"Explain what? He publicly made a show of asking me to the gala with the bag thingy and reporters, and then he humiliated me in front of the entire reporters at the gala."

"Eh.....if you'd ask me, people were much more interested in Temi Otedola being there at the moment, but sure, I'll let you rant and feel special."

"People noticed."

"Your fall, and that guy— who we would have to talk about later— catching you, yes people noticed."

October scoffed
"Unbelievable."

"Look, now that you're "in the family" again you'd be deceiving yourself if you think you can dodge or avoid running into Damien. Elites literally go to the same places and do business together. A clash is inevitable."

"But that's what it would be—a clash."

Aaron sighed.
"Just give him a minute to explain things, fam. He had a reason for ditching you."

"Why are you even letting him talk to me? Aren't you supposed to take my side? As my big brother? As your blood? Why are you so convinced that there was a reason?"

Aaron cleared his throat
"Cause he told me so."

"Oh," October rose an eyebrow and laughed hysterically. "So he had time to tell you?"

"Yeah, I mean, bros before -"

October gave him a deathly stare.

"Bros before girlfriends." Aaron completed, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm not his girlfriend."

"Says the girl who always goes back and forth with him, who he kissed...."

October gasped.
"We did not!"

"Don't try to lie, chica. I know things firsthand. I'm very sure it happened because..." He paused and rolled his eyes. "Look, you guys should settle whatever this is. I'm tired of locking you up to figure things out."

"What are you -" October paused when it dawned on her. She clicked her tongue. "The cinema. You monster!"

"You can't blame me. I bet on you guys to be the hottest relationship by the end of the Philippines trip." Aaron rose his hands in defense.

"I can't even believe you right now." October picked up a throw pillow and hit him with it.

"It's not my fault you have a boring love life." Aaron scoffed. "Go glam yourself or whatever you girls call it. He'll be here any minute. I don't want him to have a heart attack when he sees your face."

"Haha. Very funny." October said loudly in sarcasm.

"Not as funny as your face."

October's mouth dropped open. Had he been taking lessons from Lawrence?

"You know what's funny instead?" She began to take steps backward. "When I finish your corn flakes stash." She gave an evil laugh

"Try it and you'll receive the decking of your life." Aaron didn't even bother to chase her as she turned around and made her way to his kitchen.

"So yeah, when are we going to talk about 'Mr Knight in Asian handsomeness' that magically became your escort last night?" Aaron rose his voice a little so she could hear him from the kitchen. "Cause I think Damien's gonna have some questions."

"He has no right to." October responded from the kitchen.

"Speaking of Damien, he was supposed to be here hours ago."

October chuckled
"Sure he's not spending time with his girlfriend?"

"With where she is now, I doubt."

"With where she is?"

"Oh. Last night after the gala she and my boy took a trip to the psy – "

"You know what? I don't care. I don't even wanna know. See as your house is clean. I thought your housekeeper had stopped coming entirely. So you can clean, this boy?" October appeared in the living room again with a milk carton in one hand and a bowl of dry cereals in her other hand. She made herself comfortable on one of the velvet lounge chairs.

Aaron squinted
"You put your cereals before the milk? You weirdo."

"You put your cereals before the milk? You weirdo." October mimicked him with a tiny voice and rigorous head shakes, then she sucked her teeth. "Olodo. What do you put first before?"

"See as you're answering me back, but if homeboy comes here now you'll turn to fish that they've removed from water." Aaron said before the doorbell rang. "That should be him. Speak of the man." Aaron cleared his throat and stood up.

The doorbell rang again

Aaron disappeared into the foyer.

October had barely started enjoying her cereals when Aaron called out to her.

At first she didn't respond. No way was he going to come over to apologize to her and then want to talk to her at the door.

"October." Aaron called again. "You might want to come see this."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. She dropped her bowl on the chair and then rose to her feet. If he wanted to say his trash there, then it was better to do it and get over it.

Inching closer to the door, she could see that it was ajar already.
She halted when she saw the two people who were outside. What were men in uniform doing here? Was there an issue?

"Miss Obiakor?" One of the men asked and rose up his badge. "Police department."

"We have some questions for you and we'd like you to come to the station with us."

A/N
Is it serious? Is it not? Stay tuned
Special love to @glow-ria19 for her persistence and checking up. You're amazing.
And to the others, I am healthy and perfect.
Catch Damien's Attraction with a fresh start on https://nigerianfictionbooks.wordpress.com