Chapter 30

"As if I knew. I said it! These Ugboajas have used charm to pursue Aaron away from here as it is my fashion show today." Ayomide exaggerated as she walked out of the dressing room. October followed her out wearing a robe, her hair in a tight bun.

Adesuwa walked towards them when she noticed the way Ayomide was panicking.
"Ayo, what is wrong?"

"It's your son oh. He has bailed on me." Ayomide answered.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. He had an impromptu appointment today and he had to cancel." Adesuwa said.

"Ah! He has done it. He has finished me. No worries. He will see my colours tomorrow!" Ayomide exclaimed.

"October, go back in and get dressed." Adesuwa told October. October obeyed by walking back into the dressing room. Adesuwa looked at Ayomide who was probably thinking of shouting at the top of her lungs like a crazy woman. "Don't stress yourself. I have found a replacement."

************

"If you see the guy in his suit," October heard one of the other models say as the stylist put some finishing touches to her makeup."You will bow."

All the models were dressed in white which reminded October of her wedding. She watched the girls from the mirror.

"Me? Hmmm. I will not carry last oh. Did I come here to joke? I must get his number; Even if I have to pretend to faint in his arms." Another one said as their stylists wore them their shoes.

"She's lucky she is the main model. She will get a better shot at his number. You know he is the main male model." The first one that had spoken about the male model said, low key and October scoffed.

She already had his number and she was not willing to share before Aaron would start getting love messages from unknown numbers. 

"Girls!" Ayomide called from outside. "It's time."

All the girls stood up and got ready to leave. October bent to put on her shoes as everyone left. She quickly wore her Luciana Suede fringe sandals. She paused when she saw the corthays in front of her. She slowly looked up and was dumbfounded.

Damien stared at her. The last time he had seen her this dolled up was five years ago, on their wedding day. Looking at her now, she looked breathtaking in her grey expensive dress.

"Um... Damien."  She started and licked her lips. "You're not supposed to be here" She stared at him. "In the girls' dressing room." She quickly added.

"I'm supposed to escort you." Damien said just before Ayomide poked her in and smiled.

"You found her! I was beginning to think you lost your way. You two look perfect together!" Ayomide laughed.

That was when October realized that her dress had the same colour and design.

"Aunty..."October started.

"I mean in my dresses. See where your mind flew to." Ayomide hid her smile. "Let's go."

Damien held out his arm for her. October sighed and she took two steps towards him when she tripped on her own foot.

She closed her eyes as her heart began beating fast in fear of hitting the cold floor and in embarrassment of tripping. She waited to hit the floor but she didn't. She quickly opened her eyes when she felt arms on her waist. Her heart began beating fast as she stared directly into Damien's eyes.  

For a little moment, they just held each other's gaze. He put her on her feet but he was still holding her. She didn't move at all.

"You- -" He said and paused. "You should be more careful."

She knew there were goosebumps on her skin. They were so close and he was touching her exposed skin at her back.  It was at that moment she noticed the way his brown eyes shone. It was at that moment she knew he had brown eyes.

None of them found the staring situation weird... Until Damien let go of her and laughed.

"You cannot walk on heels?" He asked.

"I can. I just don't like them." She looked annoyed with the fact that he was laughing at her.  She slipped her arm in his.

"So what did you wear to our wedding five years ago? Sneakers?" He joked as he walked her towards the door.
She turned her face away.

"Are you serious?" Damien's smile disappeared.

A/N

Eyes on fire!
Need sleep.
But need to update first.

That's what I'm thinking about right now

Luciana Suede fringe sandals & corthays: Women and men shoes respectively.

Read, enjo......*yawns