Chapter 22

Drum rolls please;
@Plehthora
@Kiara_r3

Chizoba concluded her prayer before she walked into the rowdy hall. She was so surprised. There were a lot of students with high hopes like her. It was an all science school and at the end of the scholarship exam this day,only ten students would be selected for the scholarship programme and Chizoba was determined to be one of them.

She made her way to where her seat was supposed to be. She had the number '108' glued to her shirt so she knew the seat she was looking for.

"Hey!"Someone called her."Pssst." Chizoba turned sideways,then around."108"

This time, Chizoba spotted the person sitting at the far back of the hall."Your seat's here."

"Oh." Chizoba said as the girl patted the seat beside her. She made her way over and found the seat to be truly hers."Thank you." she told the girl.

"I'm Vanessa." The girl said laughing. Chizoba scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.
What was funny?

"What is your best subject? Mine's English."Vanessa said smiling.

"English too." Chizoba said.

The hall became quiet as the invigilator stepped in with the question papers. The woman looked so strict. She looked almost fifty years old. She was an average height woman,slim and sophisticated. She was dressed in a knee length pencil skirt,a silk long sleeved top,box shaped glasses and a bun sat atop her head.
The hall was so quiet that everyone would hear if someone sneezed.

Vanessa began to tap her feet impatiently as she squealed.
Chizoba shook her head sideways. She was too hyperactive.

"Young lady." The strict looking invigilator cautioned Vanessa. Her feet sounds were the only sounds in the hall. Vanessa slowly stopped. The woman distributed the papers on each column to be passed backwards. There were already answer sheets set on each table for each student.

"Anybody talk,minus one. Turn your neck,minus two. You shouldn't be the idiot that will get caught when telling your friend an answer and your friend goes scot-free. If I were you,I would mind my business. This is an examination. I will not tolerate any form of noise or unnecessary behaviour. Do not ask for anything even as small as a pencil because I trust every one of you came with your writing materials. And you," She nodded her head at Chizoba as the papers got to her row.

"Me?"Chizoba asked.

"Don't be a dirty girl. Wipe your nose." The woman instructed. Chizoba bent her head in embarrassment and wiped her nose. When she rose her head up,her question papers were on the table. The woman was standing beside the desk at the front of the hall. The door opened and Chizoba's eyes widened as Lawrence walked in. His hair was in a mess. It wasn't braided as usual.

The bell rang through the speakers for the teenagers to start.
"Lawrence." The woman called him. He walked to her table. She whispered something to his ear and he nodded. She patted his shoulder before she walked out. Lawrence looked around the hall and his eyes landed on Chizoba who was now ticking her answers. A smile crept to his face. She was writing the exam-- to get into his school. She was in for it.

"Number one,A."Lawrence announced. Some students began to murmur and clean off their previous ticks. "Number two,D." He walked towards the seat area."Some people are just here to joke around." He said as he passed the number one student, glancing at his paper."While some actually know why they're here."He glanced at the number eleven who was behind number one. There were ten seats on a row and eleven columns which meant there were about a hundred and ten students in the hall.

"Number three," he started and looked at Chizoba who was not even paying attention to what he was saying. He smiled."Four to eight,A." He looked out the door. That was when the woman returned with a bag now in her hands.

"Thank you." she told Lawrence.

"You're welcome." He took one last look at Chizoba before he walked out.

* * * * * * * * * *
"Ma. He refused to allow me in."Chinwe complained as she walked into October's office.

"Ah-ah. Still?" October asked,tired of this issue already."What is going on? I sent Margaret and now you,twice."

"He specifically said he wants the manager and no one else. His complaints are too much."

"Okay."October stood up."What room?"She asked.

"269."Chinwe replied.

"Thank you. You can go now. I'll handle him myself." October said and walked out with Chinwe after her. She made her way to the elevator and got in. After some time,she arrived at the fourth floor and walked out of the elevator. She made her way to the expected room and knocked.

"Aso's Elite manager." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Come in." That voice was familiar. October turned the door knob. She had already called Paul in the elevator to meet her here in case it was an electricity problem.

The door was already unlocked so it came open. She cleared her throat before she walked in. She looked around the huge room. No one was there. The door to the bedroom opened and someone walked out. He smiled at her and October cringed. She wanted to run away but she had to stay. He was a customer anyways.

"October Obiakor?" James asked, pretending not to be sure.

"Sir,you have a complaint?" October asked wanting to go straight to the point.

"Have a seat." He pointed to a couch.

"With all due respect sir,I have work to do."

"Don't be too hot blooded."James made his way towards her. October shifted out of his reach but he walked past her to the door. He closed it and pressed his keycard to the door knob to lock it.

"What are you doing?" October started.

"There's no one to protect you now,not Aaron,not Kcee,not even Damien."He turned to look at her.

"James Okonkwo." October dropped the formality."Open this door immediately."

"I will but first,I will get what I've wanted all along."He said, making his way towards her.

"What?Me?"October asked."You can't touch me you rapist."
He rose his hand and slapped her hard, making her fall to the floor

"You might try to fight me."He squatted."Percy." He called. A huge man appeared from the bedroom on cue.

October began to panic.
"James, please let me go."She pleaded.

"Undress her."

A/N

Shock,shock, cliffhanger.
To be updated soon.😘