Chapter 71

"Where is she?" Damien's voice echoed throughout the whole house as he walked in through the front door of Jessica's house. His guard and the door man walked after him as he went further into the house. One of the maids inside rushed to him but he didn't even stop.

"G - good day sir." She greeted. "She's waiting for you in the kitchen."

Damien halted in his tracks to digest what the maid had just said.
"She's where?" He turned to look at her.

The maid almost jumped out of her skin in fear.
"Miss Jessica is waiting for you in the...."

He didn't even wait for her to finish before he stormed towards the area where Jessica's kitchen was. He didn't need anyone to tell him. He was well acquainted with her house.

He pushed the white double doors open and then came to a stop there when he saw Jessica standing beside the kitchen island. She was busy cutting vegetables on the chopping board. Damien noticed she was in a full gold sequined formal dress.

"You're here already. So you care." She said without looking up at him.

Damien scoffed.
"Is this some kind of joke to you?" He spread his arms in an effort to demonstrate as he spoke but dropped them back as there was nothing coming to his mind.

"I'll be ready in a minute." She continued what she was doing.

"I freaking left my date because of you, dammit Jessica!" Damien rose his voice.

Jessica finally looked at him as she dropped the knife with a thud.
"Mum, tell Damien to stop raising his voice at me."

That was when Damien realized they were not the only ones in the kitchen. Victoria, Jessica's mother, was standing in front of the cupboard for tumblers.

Victoria stared at Damien, confused. She didn't utter a word.

"Don't be rude, Damien. Your date is right here." Jessica smirked.

Damien inhaled deeply in frustration.
"This is sickening. I don't have time for this." He made a move to turn but Jessica quickly grabbed the knife on the board and directed it towards her wrist.

"Don't walk away from me Damien."

"So what now? You're going to threaten me? Wow Jessica, that's so unexpected." He said sarcastically.

"You know I'll do it." She placed the knife on her wrist now.

"All for what? What is it you want to achieve this time?"

"You're going to take me to that gala and not October."

"Are you crazy?"

"Damien." Victoria called Damien with pleading eyes.

"No aunt. I'm not doing this." Damien shook his head.

"Tell him mum, that he'll be the reason I'll be dead if he doesn't comply."

"Damien, please, just do as she says. She'll do it if you don't give her what she wants, you know that." Victoria begged.

"Until when aunt? Until when is she going to keep doing this? Stop spoiling her."

"Tell him I give him three seconds." Jessica was making Victoria panic. Of course, use her mother's soft spot to get to her.

"You're letting her do this?" Damien asked Victoria.

"One!" Jessica counted.

"Damien, I beg you. If you ever had any bit of respect at any point for me, just do as she says."