Chapter 67

"I am not lying when I say that you're a life saver." Damien said as he watched October stir the batter in the mixing bowl.

"I'm here for one reason only. I'll help you bake your cake and you'll return my possession back to me." October stated. She was so furious that Uyi had opened his big mouth. Now she was stuck at Damien's house, in his huge kitchen, for a deal he had imposed on her.

"Sure, sure." Damien nodded as he continued staring. "This is one of the things that suit you most. Did anyone ever tell you that you're wife material?"

She paused.
"Coming from you, that sounds like an insult."

"I like wife material." He shrugged.

"Well, this wife is gone because she is done." She dropped the bowl on the kitchen island. He looked into the bowl as she took off her apron and stretched out her hand. "My diary. Did you read it?"

"Are you sure it's done? Taste it if it's sweet enough." He stalled.

"I've done that already. I'm sure you'll like it." She wiggled her fingers. "Give it."

Damien brought out a small purple book from his jacket pocket.
"Wait. Let's get a third opinion first." He cleared his throat. "Martha." He called out to one of the chefs who had been standing at the entry into the kitchen all along and signalled for her to come in.

"Taste it." He gestured towards the bowl with his eyes. The chef got out a spoon and scooped up a little bit of the batter.

"How is it?" He asked after she had had a taste.

"It's- okay sir." The chef answered.

"I'm not convinced." Damien shook his head. "It has to be perfect. Add more sugar."

"Sir, are you sure- -" The chef started.

"Not you, go back outside."

October rolled her eyes.
"I'm done you cheat. I have an event to plan for. We had a deal. I bake your cake, you give me back my diary."

"What event?"

"That's for me to know." She tried to grab her diary from his hand but he snatched it back in time.

"You haven't finished yet. You have to put it in the oven." He pushed the baking pan towards her.

"Fine."
She picked up the bowl and was about to pour out its content when, as if he had been targeting it, he hit the bowl from her hand sending it straight to the floor. She stood there in shock.

He clicked his tongue.
"Your hands are not stable. You'll have to start again."

"What is wrong with you?" Was the only thing she could utter.

"You're not doing it with happiness." He pouted.

She scoffed.
"I can't do this." She shook her head. "Not today Satan. I have somewhere to be."

He chuckled.
"You can't have your diary back until you bake the cake."

"You don't even need it."

"Says who? I have a - - thing in the afternoon." He lied.

"And what exactly is that thing?" She asked as she stepped out of the mess he had made on the floor.

"That's for me to know."

"I see." She folded her arms. "Then buy a cake."

"I have you. You're wasting your own time."

"I'm wasting my time? You're frustrating my efforts." She picked up a ladle from the table and hit him with it. He winced as soon as it came in contact with his left arm. She froze immediately.

"Are you hurt?" She asked him, suddenly concerned. Without waiting for an answer, she rolled up the sleeve of his t-shirt. She gasped when she saw a blood stained bandage wrapped around his arm. "When did this happen?"

"It's nothing." He took his arm away and smiled as he pulled down his sleeve.

"It's not nothing. You're bleeding." She tried to reach for his arm again.

"I was bleeding. It stopped like an hour ago. That's old, if not my shirt would have been stained too."

She examined him for a while and sighed.
"Do you mind telling me what happened?"

"Apparently, I got cut by something when I used my superpowers to rescue a supermodel."

She looked at him for a while, watching the amusement on his face. Was he joking with his life?

"You're-" She paused. "So stupid." She drew her last words.

His smile grew wider.
"I'm telling the truth. You can ask Aaron, he was there."

"When was the last time you dressed that wound? You want it to get infected?"

"Don't raise your voice. Mind you, I'm your boss." He took a step closer, trying to intimidate her with his height.

"Not anymore, you're not."

He frowned.
"Let me have my shining moments sometimes October. I'll take care of the injury, just not now."

"No. We're going now."

He was about to protest when an idea crossed his mind and he grinned.

"On one condition."

"I'm not making--"

"You'll be my date to the Seven Hundred club gala tomorrow night."

***************
itsonyii Before you kill me ❤
I know it's been a while guys. I have no excuse. I deserve to be punished 😫

So someone's coming back to the spotlight in the book. Guess who it is😁

*Not edited