Chapter 26

@evuthie07 : Thaaaanks
@PelumiAde : 😀😀😀
@Poshmeenah:😘

"Do you know what these boxes are for?" October asked Chizoba as she walked into October's office.

"Oh, those? They are invitations for the opening of his restaurant." Chizoba answered.

'Good Lord. So he has actually turned me to his maid? What has my job got to do with this?'
October thought.

"Did you bring in the keys when you brought the boxes in with Paul?"

"No." Chizoba answered. "I'll go check the boss's office for you."

"How did you know what was inside?" October asked her.

"I know things." Chizoba answered.

"Speaking of knowing things, I heard you were the one that beat my brother in primary school." October said.

Chizoba looked down in shame.

"It's okay." October laughed. "He deserves it for abusing your mother. So you are no longer being disturbed for school fees right? You can go for summer lesson now right?"

"Yes." Chizoba answered,"For now." She said low-key. "Thank you once again." She told October.

"No problem." October said.

Chizoba picked up the waste bin she had come in for before she walked out.

**************

2 days later.

"Damien did what?" James asked Justice, shocked at what he had just heard. They were both in the visit room of the police station. James had already spent a day in the cell and he was not happy about the news his brother had brought for him. 

"You're banned from Aso's Elite, the country club and like ninety nine percent of the hotels in Abuja. In other words, you are banned from anything that has to do with classy and rich people."

"It's not possible. He cannot do that." James banged his fist on the table.

"He already did."

"This is all that brat's fault. When I get out of here, I will deal with..."

"No one. You will deal with no one. She is Lawrence's sister for crying out loud." Justice defended her.

"And so?" James asked.

"What you did already caused a problem between Lawrence and I. This is it. You deserve what you got."

"You choose him over your own brother?" James asked.

"No. I choose right over wrong." Justice stood up.

"I won't let this slide."

"You had better."

"She will pay." James said. Justice just scoffed and walked out. James scoffed too before he grinned. No matter what, even if the trial had been over, he would make October pay for it.

***************

"So you didn't know?" Jenny asked October as she blew on her freshly painted nails. "Damien made him banned from everywhere and what's worse, he bought James's company as punishment. That's the only thing James that he could use to make his father proud. His father likes Justice better. When his father found out about what he did, he seized his companies."

"So basically, James is now a broke-ass sleeping in jail." Olivia summarised and shrugged.

"Hmm. You two should be bloggers." October commented.