Chapter 69

Damien raked his hand through his hair, facing the rather calm journalists in the room.

"Unfortunately, that is not true. E-holdings will not be signing any deals with Vermont yet."

"Sir, we got news that you were one of the eligible bachelors invited to the Seven hundred club's gala this year. Is that true?" One of the journalists asked.

"Would you be going with Miss Eburuche or any of the highest ranked businesswomen?" Another one fired without waiting for him to answer.

Damien was quiet for some seconds and for a moment, everyone in the room thought he was done. He scratched his eyebrow and smiled deviously so suddenly.

"Yes, I would be attending the Seven hundred club's gala this year- but not with Jessica Eburuche." He clicked his tongue. "It's not going to be a top ranked businesswoman either, but she sure tops the list in everything I can think of. I'm talking about a Nigerian Beyonce here- but don't tell her I said so." He said and the journalists laughed.

"Can we have a clue about who she is?" The same journalist asked.

"There's no need. She'll be here soon. You'd recognize her because she'll be the first person to walk in here with a Birkin bag."

Most of them began to murmur. It was obvious they were so curious. Damien counted to ten in his head. Calculating by the time she entered the building, she should have been here by now, ready for murder.

"Sir- " One of them started to speak when the doors burst open and October barged in.

Damien's eyes immediately went to her.
'Right about time.'

He watched her come to a stop and noticed how her expression changed the moment she realised that he was not alone. His gaze dropped to her hand. She was with the bag. Perfect.

"She's carrying the Birkin bag." One of the journalists announced and the rest began to murmur.

"She's the one." Another one said before they began to take pictures of her.

For a short while, October remained shocked as the flashes continued, but then reality came slapping hard.

First of all, was she in the right place?

"Miss Obiakor, are you and the CEO familiar with each other again?"

October faked a smile as she and Damien's gazes met. He had done something.

Damien was sure he could see past the big smile on October's face. Still standing by the door, she was staring at him without batting an eyelash as the journalists surrounded her, throwing questions at her.

Feeling the need to fill her in at this point, he walked towards her and the journalists made way. He stopped directly in front of her and winked in a way only she could see.

"What took you so long to accept my proposal?"

October stared at him for a few seconds, averted her gaze to the expectant journalists, and then back to him. At that moment, she did the only thing her inner voice screamed she should do - she grabbed his wrist and turned immediately, walking quickly out of the office with him having no option but to follow.

It took the journalists some seconds to realize that she was not planning on bringing him back to the room and they rushed after them but October was faster. She pulled Damien who lazily allowed her to as she headed for the elevator. She pushed a button and after the elevator doors opened, she got in and drew him in too with the bag in her other hand. The doors shut before the journalists could get to them.