Chapter 82

"Mum didn't deserve that OC." Leslie said as he patted October on her back. He was on the bed, with her laying there too but her head on his legs. "If anyone's at fault here, it's dad."

It has only been about ten minutes since he had dragged her away from their mother to his room, and October was still not ready to accept that she was wrong. Her braids were now unpacked, and her jacket was off.

"They're in on this together. I know it." October responded. "Remember —" she was saying when there was a knock on the door. The person outside didn't even wait to knock a second time before the door handle turned and Lawrence walked in rubbing his eyes.

He was dressed in black shorts and a white tee. He closed the door after him and yawned.

"Hey, pest." He called, pointing at October. "What did you do this time? I heard your voice from my room.

"No you didn't, you liar. This house is too big for that." Leslie rolled his eyes. "And can't you read the room? This is not the time for your yabs."

"Must you always be the saint?" Lawrence asked. "Leave me to disturb my sister."

"I'm not gonna argue with you." Leslie said and focused again on October. "Sure you don't want something to drink? Milk? Juice? Anything?" October shook her head.

"She better not take anything before she- " Lawrence was laughing as he was talking when he noticed the tears in her eyes. "Oh this is serious." His expression changed instantly. "Not that I care, but what happened?"

"She kinda shouted at mum cause dad made her spend the night here." Leslie answered

"I'm telling you, mum was in on it to- "

"She wasn't." Leslie stopped her. "I was with her all the time."

"You don't know mum then." Lawrence said and moved towards the bean bag across them. He made himself comfortable on it. "I bet she had a hand in it. Seeing how OC hates us, she would have wanted her to stay here by all means."

"Point of correction, I don't hate you guys. I just hate this place." October spoke.

"Same thing." Lawrence shrugged.

"It's not." Leslie retorted.

"Tell that to my ass." Lawrence told him.

"Bro, if we were in a movie, you'd be one character that everybody would want to kill. What is wrong with you?" Leslie asked him.

"Tell your beloved sibling to stop yelling around the house. Some people were trying to sleep."

"Again, you were not even hearing -"
Leslie was saying when October's phone rang. She picked it up and looked at the Caller ID. It was an unknown number. The two of them barely even noticed when she stood up and headed toward the bathroom. They just kept on arguing.

"Oh please, just because you're dumb doesn't mean that there are people that don't have sensitive ears." Lawrence said before she shut the door to the bathroom.

The call had ended and started again by this time. She picked it on the second ring. She cleared her throat and cleaned her eyes like the person would see her face on the call and then placed the phone to her ear.
"Hello?"

There was silence for some seconds.

"Hello?" She asked again.

Then a sigh
"Before you cut the call, hear me out."

She removed the phone and then looked at it and then scoffed when she saw the last digits of the number. It was him.

She put the phone back to her ear.
"What do you want, Damien? I'm not in the mood right now."

"I heard." He answered.

"Wow." She said sarcastically. "I guess everyone's so involved in my business now. I must be a celebrity."

"I asked Lawrence. I also asked him for your contact because your other line wasn't reachable."

"That's because I changed it."

"Interesting. You're changing everything about you now?" He chuckled.

"Two minutes. I give you two minutes." October said.

"Okay, okay." Damien sighed. "Look I've noticed that I've done a lot of wrongs to you recently. From the gala to the dinner, and even my actions before that."

"You think?"

"So give me a chance to apologize. Monday, 11 am, Ador's Cafe."

October paused
"I'll -"

"And don't say no, please."

"I'll think about it." She answered.

She heard him exhale slowly before she ended the call.

She opened the door to the bathroom and walked out to meet Leslie and Lawrence still arguing.

"Don't you guys have school tomorrow?" She interrupted them.

"Not me. I have a shoot for Blunt Magazine by 11 am so I have all the time in the world for this cow." Leslie said.

"Okay." October shrugged and lay back on the bed. "Just try not to wake me."

"I'm not even gonna listen to you for one more second." Leslie picked up his remote and turned the TV on.

"You watch the news?" Lawrence mocked when Leslie switched to Arise News.

"Sometimes. I have to stay informed."

Lawrence laughed, looking at the screen.
"Look, a psychiatric hospital got burnt down. Your people have escaped. They're coming for you, their baba."

"Shut up."

'With the cause still unknown, we are trying to ascertain the number of people who are missing and those who are still inside the building -'